Windows 7 Win7 Start Menu

namicone

ok so I'm not sure if I'm missing a step here but basically what I want to know how to do if its possible with windows 7 is make it so when you click the start button and the start menu pops up, I want it to display my default browser and email client, like it did with XP and Vista

windows-vista-start-menu.png
so at the tippy top this user has IE and Windows Email as displaying, how do i enable this in win 7? i look in taskbar and start menu properties but cant find it, is it possible? is there a registry edit i can do to enable this?

thanks guys!

Why not go to these programs directories (C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and Windows Mail) and right click on them to pin them to the menu?

You should first opt for IE and your favorite mail program, as you default. (They may already be!)
Then right click the start Orb and select properties - customise.. Scroll down to the "Default programs" Box and tick it. Done.

I had to right click my browser and email program then click "Pin to start menu". That put them both there for me.

Yes I did. This is how it worked for me. Naturally I'm going to put my default programs there. On mine the "Default Programs" was already ticked but my browser and email program weren't at the top. Then when I pinned them to the start menu they showed up there at the top.

Maybe the difference was that I use Firefox as my default browser.

Last edited:
Back