Windows 7 Win7 Udp Bug ?

kursher

I have 2 PC. One is Xp(sp2) System, One is Win7(Ultimate). They in Same Lan.

Test1:
Xp send (1000byte) Udp packet to Win7. It is Success.
Win7 send (1000byte) Udp packet to Xp, It is Success.

Test2:
Xp send (1600byte) Udp packet to Win7. It is Failed.
Win7 send (1600byte) Udp packet to Xp, It is Success.

Please Tell Me Why This Is So? And Give Me A Solution. Thank You.

Full size ethernet packets are 1600 bytes each. A problem may be preventing you from sending only 1600 bytes. This can be the case of overhead from your router, packet loss, NIC issues, and more. Perform some pings and if you have no packet loss or lag don't worry about it.

ping local_ip -n 1000

If there was a problem with UDP to this extent everyone would know about it by now.

Hi kursher,

I am uncertain as to how or where you came to such a conclusion, but it is my privilege to assist and help you as much as possible. If the limited information and hints in the right direction have helped you achieve that, then by all means, congratulations and enjoy your new knowledge. I would like to invite you to continue using the website and to make the best use of it while you are here.

You will find many interesting individuals willing to help you with your problems, and by association, you may find it within your interest to do the same. This makes the website work in a positive way that is beneficial for all who participate and even just review a discussion.

Thanks a lot for your question and I hope you will ask - and perhaps answer - more :)

Back