Windows 10 Win7 -> win10 upgrade, Icons missing on all win10 after update win2008r2 to win2012

Cyon35

Hi All.

I hope someone can help me, so in 2019 I have upgraded all the end-user at my Office from windows 7 to windows 10. This year I have upgraded my DC Servers from windows 2008R2 to Windows 2012R2 using the in-place upgraded. I have done this in the evening when all the staff was at home. the next morning all the staff started to complain that all their Icons is white paper, I first thought was the third party software, but it is Windows Icons that is 'White Paper'

I have searched the internet but can't find the answer, I have done some things people recommended and nothing. like, delete the icon cache files in CMD or log in with diffrent users but no help.

Unlink all the GP that I have created. but there is still domain GP and don't know if it is the problem.

See photo:
photo_2020-01-17_10-14-01.jpg

Last edited:
Hello.

So I still have this error. but find out more problems.
When the users need to reset their passwords as it expires. When the users do it from their workstations, the new password is not sent to the Domain.
I need to reset the password form the domain from them.

All the users pc was upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and no problems but after upgrading the servers from 2008r2 to 2012r2. This problem started.

I think also something with the SID is a problem.

Last edited:
You never did answer my question in reply 2, also have you tested connectivity from the clients to the server. Basic ping, DNS resolving, are the DNS servers correct? Also test with the ldp built-in utility for LDAP.

You never did answer my question in reply 2, also have you tested connectivity from the clients to the server. Basic ping, DNS resolving, are the DNS servers correct? Also test with the ldp built-in utility for LDAP.

sorry, I have done basic pings and DNS resolving. but How do I check the LDAP?

Using the ldp utility. Also your dcdiag test says no a record found. If you flush the DNS cache and trying pinging the DC by name does it work

Hi, Neemobeer.

so I did a flush DNS and didn't wanted to do with the normal users but had to do it with Administrator rights.
and it pings the DC by name and IP with no problems

That's probably for the best. Troubling DC related problems over a forum isn't exactly ideal.

I just want to ask? If I do a "net view" I get an error. {System error 1231 has occurred.} could this be part of my problem?

Back
Top Bottom