Windows 7 window 7 install problem

kelvin see

hi guys i have a computer with window 8 and i wanna have a clean install of window 7(downgrade). but when ever i put in the installation disc the system wont detect it.
i also tried to open it via my desktop but drive cant detect it. i switch with different window 7 installation disc but still wont work. but when i put in window 8 disc the pc detected the disc
please need solve!

You can't install an older Windows over the top of a newer one but you have options;
  • remove the hdd and replace with a new blank one then install Windows on that... this is the option I recommend because it keeps the old system in tack.
  • formate (after back ups) the hdd to remove Windows and then install Windows again... once you formate it the old system is gone for good along with whatever files you didn't backup.
  • Dual/ multi boot the two systems together... hard to give you any more options without knowing what hardware i.e. laptop/ desktop and age are the main things that affect this type of boot.

You can't install an older Windows over the top of a newer one but you have options;
  • remove the hdd and replace with a new blank one then install Windows on that... this is the option I recommend because it keeps the old system in tack.
  • formate (after back ups) the hdd to remove Windows and then install Windows again... once you formate it the old system is gone for good along with whatever files you didn't backup.
  • Dual/ multi boot the two systems together... hard to give you any more options without knowing what hardware i.e. laptop/ desktop and age are the main things that affect this type of boot.
but i do a clean install?
or can i format the hard drive ?

BackUp everything you want to keep first.

To install Windows 7 you have to change some configurations in your "Bios".
Follow this article, some options may be slightly different depending on your hardware.

OTT

@kelvin see, Sorry mate but this is pointless without your system specs.

You are probably out of luck. On some Windows 8 systems you cannot change the uefi settings and then you cannot install a legacy OS. A workaround is to install Windows 7 with VMware Player running in Windows 8.

Last edited:
When you try to read the Windows 7 DVD, what exactly is happening? Are you using a Windows 7 SP1 DVD?

If your system came with Windows 8, it is probably set up for a UEFI and Secure Boot. Windows 7 can do UEFI, but cannot do Secure Boot.

Can you get into the Bios settings, or some utility which allows you to configure the Bios?

What happens when window7 install gets virus. Do you try to reinstall and try to format the harddrive which has a virus now anyway from some remote connection I allowed while installing window7.Custom install will wipe hard drive won't it instead of home basic originally. now I get no bootmngr missing and windows stops loading files at 50% saying error. Will I ever get this done.I did not use key by the way just one month.

Last edited:
Back