Windows 7 Window color in Windows 7

aland

How to change active window colors in my different software applications to grey or lightgrey. I´ve tried with different themes and changed the active and inactive window to grey in "Window Color and Appeareance", but still they are light blue, i.e. Windows 7 default color, in all my software applications. And another question: Is it possible to change the width of the windows to be narrower? It´s possbible with WindowsBlinds, but there are still no version of WindowsBlinds for Windows 7.

my old laptop that i installed win7 on doesnt support aero (that or im just blind and cant find the buttons to press) and i cant get it to change colors either, just that light blue theme, which in my opinion is quite an eyesore..

So the verdict is, no, you can't change the window color..I know how you feel lol, my old computer was like that :(

yea sucks kinda, i wish they would allow that blue color of google chrome, love that color !! :razz:

windows 7 color

I can see that a new Windowblinds will have to be created becouse even it wont work on W7. So I am using Maxthon browser.

aland,

When you right-click on the Desktop and choose personalize, then click the color button, is the Enable Transparency button checked?

How to change active window colors in my different software applications to grey or lightgrey. I´ve tried with different themes and changed the active and inactive window to grey in "Window Color and Appeareance", but still they are light blue, i.e. Windows 7 default color, in all my software applications. And another question: Is it possible to change the width of the windows to be narrower? It´s possbible with WindowsBlinds, but there are still no version of WindowsBlinds for Windows 7.

Make sure that your video and graphics cards are both powerful enough to be able to handle Aero effects. Also make sure that you have enough RAM for the job. I would recommend a Nvidia 8000 or above, with at least a gigabyte of RAM. To make sure that you have an apt specification, right click 'Computer' in the Start menu and click 'Properties'. A window displaying your PCs specification should appear.

If you have the right, able specification, go to your desktop and right click on an empty space, and then click 'Personalize'. Click the 'colour' or 'color' button and make sure that transparencies are enabled. If not, put a tick in the checkbox and then click OK.

To make sure that Aero is on, try hovering your mouse over the taskbar button of a running applications. If a thumbnail preview of the open document appears, then Aero is enabled. If not, then Aero is either not supported on your computer or your PC is too weak to handle the effects. :frown:

W7 color

Thanks for the help guys but I have given up. My video card is from back in the stone age and aero themes have never worked even with Windowblinds. Thats life!. In fact I dont get any screensavers either.

Back
Top Bottom