Windows 10 Windows 10 BSOD

LIl Sludgedog

After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8 a few days ago I started getting BSODs every day at random times. Most of them have been the BAD_POOL_CALLER but the latest one was a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (nvlddmkm.sys). Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• W7F_09-09-2015 (2).zip
    691.3 KB · Views: 568
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {7, 1254, 416000c, ffffe00175acd9b0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfewfpk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfewfpk.sys
unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolEnd
unable to get nt!MmPagedPoolEnd
unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes
Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsCompleteOperation0+24 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck means either a driver, system service or application is making a bad request and it seems the common denominator is McAfee. I can see in the Call stack (a blow by blow account of the last sub routines) that McAfee was involved.
Please uninstall McAfee for the moment and use the onboard Defender. Use McAfee's own removal tool found here:
How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

Driver wise you don't look in too bad a shape although I notice an Atheros network driver on the system when your support page has drivers for a Realtek network component. Is this something you've added yourself?

athwbx.sys Wed Nov 13 08:05:17 2013: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter update driver if one is available:
QUALCOMM / ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros的驅動程序)

You can find other Windows 10 drivers on your support page:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4714#driver

I also noticed this application:
dtlitescsibus.sys Mon Dec 08 10:13:10 2014: DAEMON Tools Lite Virtual SCSI Bus Driver. A known cause of bsods in some systems I would recommend uninstalling to test.

Please post any new dump files.

Back
Top Bottom