Windows 10 compatible programs

pvanc

Extraordinary Member
I have several programs which were working fine with Windows 10 before update to Creator's update.
They now show as incompatible. Is there some way we can restore function of those programs without having to purchase all new software?

You could try checking to see if the programs can be updated (usually by going through the settings) or are you already on the latest versions?

I have checked for updates several times and it shows I have the latest version. The troubleshooter shows incompatible program but the website shows the version works with Windows 10. My question is does Creator's Update not allow some 3rd party software work? Seems a shame to cancel out lots of software which people have been using with Windows 10 especially when we don't have much choice but to update with Windows 10.

Have you tried right clicking on each applications start up exe, choose properties and then Compatibility. See if that makes a difference installing or running for something like Win 8.

Have you tried right clicking on each applications start up exe, choose properties and then Compatibility. See if that makes a difference installing or running for something like Win 8.
Yes, I have tried setting the compatibility for the one program I especially need to use and have it set for Window 8. It did work with Windows 10 prior to updating to Windows 10 Creators, but now the troubleshooter comes up with result "incompatible program". The program is still installed and I can get it to work for a couple minutes to retrieve some saved projects but the comes up with "this program has stopped responding and has to close". I had to do a reset of my windows because it seemed I was having a lot of errors and problems. Sfc /scannow did not show any corrupt files so did reset, after which I had to reinstall several 3rd party programs I have had for years. Found out the HitMan Pro was interfering with the Window installer so uninstalled that and then was able to install programs. All seem to be working with Creator's update but the one I really need. I wrote to the publisher of the program and they said it was incompatible though their website said it works with Windows 10. My main concern is that the programs which worked with earlier versions of Windows 10 seem to cause problems with the Creator's version and I really do not want to do another reset. All my antivirus, antimalware, etc, programs show all is ok.

Which AV suites do you use?
I use Vipre Advanced Security and have for many years. I use CCleaner and Malwarebytes. I had no problem with programs not working until I updated to Creator's update. In fact, the programs were working well until I had to do the reset of my Windows 10 Creator's update. Does not seem right that MS would have an update which would block many of the current programs . Most people don't want to have to update or buy new versions of all of their software all the time. That would be especially true for businesses.

It would seem that your not on your own regarding the Creators Update issues although not everyone is seeing the same thing:
Windows 10 Creators Update : Support

I/we have recently seen a number of users issues of which I'm pretty sure the Creator's Update lay at the root of the issue.

Unfortunately until Microsoft releases updates to treat the affected areas there's not a great deal one can do. You can of course try alternative programs and see if they will work or roll back the Creators Update until such time that support is better:
How to rollback and uninstall Windows 10 Creators Update

Back