Windows 10 Windows 10 Creators Update BSOD on cold boot.

Dump is still looking corrupted despite downloading 15063 symbols. I'm currently downloading 32bit symbols and will check your dump file once it's downloaded.

Its the only dump-file I have at this moment, but I made some files with your tool ,this morning, have uploaded here...........
( All we need to know is the reason for the BSODs............)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {ffffda1b12913b98, 2, 0, fffff80eed369bd8}
Probably caused by : ACPI.sys ( ACPI!GetNameSpaceObjectNoLock+f8 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
well the dump file is for whatever reason is not posting correctly, however I had a look through your driver stack and can you tell me if these drivers are installed by you after every clean install?

em000k_64.dll Thu Oct 13 12:09:19 2016: ESET AV Suite. As with any security apps please remove and just run on Defender. You only need to this whilst we are debuggin and can re-install ESET later.

zamguard64.sys Wed Aug 17 18:06:53 2016: Zemana Anti Malware app. Once again please remove and stick to Defender and if need be malwarebyes.

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring software related please remove

dfx12x64.sys Tue Aug 28 20:10:34 2012: Audio driver please update or if no longer used remove:

Latest crash, 10 minutes ago, ACPI.sys.
I learned how to do this from you,so uploaded all............
Maybe you can be some more specific for the cause ,searching for .

Yes, they are all installed after clean install, formatted Win7 and went to Win10.
As far as I know they are all upto-date.
Just removed my nVidia-driver and replaced it with latest.A few hours later got this BSOD ,so its not nVidia-related !(?)

Attachments

• W7F_26-04-2017.zip
    147.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Maybe wise to remove them one by one, for finding "the bad guy" ?
AsUpIO.sys are you sure I can safely remove it , its an ASUS-file and we are on ASUS Z97-K ! Its located in SysWOW64/drivers.All the other files/drivers ,you mentioned, did very well on 1607 (just before this upgrade to 1703).
Tested my memory again, no failures ( memory had never issues on 1607 also)
I think its good to do this again,coz sooner or later we all have to upgrade to 1703,the longer we wait the difficulter it is.
Just made a new cold boot, after cooling down for 35 minutes, and it booted perfect !
I just wonder , why do these BSODs appear after cooling down some time............
They never appear during Power on /reboot..

Last edited:
Tried to remove the AsUpIO.sys , is in use ,can not remove this file.
Updated some more Intel-drivers , all drivers are up-to-date now !
Switched off the Windows Defender , want to use my ESET,so there is only one a-virus program running.
The Zemana-scanner is off, incl. the service of this scanner.
Will see,after power off some time............

Just removed my nVidia-driver and replaced it with latest.A few hours later got this BSOD ,so its not nVidia-related !(?)
That could be possible and further testing will show that:

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {ffffb81700f7a1c0, 2, 0, fffff8078d819b7e}
Probably caused by : ACPI.sys ( ACPI!GetNameSpaceObjectNoLock+9e )

Followup:     MachineOwner

Hi,
regarding the drivers which are proving stubborn to remove, can you boot into safe mode and try again?

Also notice the 'probable cause' above. ACPI.sys. One of the functions of this driver is dealing with 'plug n play' components such as mouse and k'board. Can you tell us what exactly is plugged in at the time of reboot, mouse, keyboard and anything else?

Good morning kemical !
Just booted this morning, and it booted straight into windows , for the first time since the upgrade 1607 to 1703 !!!!
I will enable Windows Defender ( next to ESET) , and will test again , so PC off and cool down for a few hours , then reboot.
If it does not its the Defender , if it does boot then are the updated drivers the reason for crashing..........
Let you know soon !

Much thanks for the update.. Good luck and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.. :D

Update ! Just rebooted after 2 and a half hour ,and straight into 1703 , in 8 seconds !! :up:
With ESET, Windows Defender, Office 2016,and about 100 different other software on it.
Im very,very happy !! After two weeks of really hard work, day and night ! It looks like its OK now.
Maybe Im too fast with my conclusion , will try out next time, anyway if it stays this way , then the problem is solved.
Must be a driver-problem , updated yesterday some Intel-drivers to latest versions and switched off/on my wireless Logitech keyboard/muose.
Well, made proof its not the 1703-OS , it seems to be a driver(s)-problem............
Let you know if all is going well in near future..........:l:

Excellent news! Well done!

I wonder if the anti malware app being removed help as the system picked up pretty much straight away.

The main thing of course is that you are now running without bsod.. :)

Lets dont be excited too fast !
We never know with Windows , first test a few days , see what happens...........:)

Hi, kemical ! Still running/booting allright !
This OS runs fine, few problems, only the tweaks etc. are gone, installing them again.
Lost one second on startup-time , went from 7 seconds to 8 ( 1607 -1703 )
Its been worth all the work and trouble-seeking , we are very pleased with this 1703 untill now !
Again , my thanks and appreciation for all your help and support , without it would be very difficult............:up:

Excellent news and thank you the update. Your thread will always stay open however, just in case the issue returns.

Back