Took awhile for the last update to roll out. Some machines still haven't got it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I've been upgraded to 16299.64 and now ESET Banking works automatically again. This is the first time since Version 16288.1.

News on the upcoming Spring Creators update now changed to April 2018 update:

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.

Make the most of your time with the new Windows 10 update

for others who find themselves teetering on the gangplank … win-10 april'18 update is version 1803 … if you elect to not download it … microsoft will eventually distribute the update automatically (incremental patch-tuesday deployments).

as with previous major updates, i'm usually part of that last batch of miscreants. people ask me why i have very few problems with ms updates … a few simple reasons:
  • at the time win-10 was first rolled out, my hardware was relatively new (3+ years old)
  • i wait for most bugs to be resolved (hardware issues)
  • i'm not much into gaming or other invasive activities (driver issues)
  • and, probably most important, i don't screw around with microsoft's settings (software issues) all that much.
    as for settings … think i had changed only three …
    • one was to disable wifi …
    • one was to disable microsoft-store (but allow win-app updates)
    • one was to adjust microsoft's "wudo" parameters … (check my wudo thread).
thoughts to keep in mind:
  1. you notice a minor update was missed … the next update will likely catch any missed updates and outstanding anomalies … there probably was a reason for the omission.
  2. something minor goes outta' wack … 6-8 months from then, it probably will resolve itself. i remember there'd been a big fiasco … when win-10 first arrived … the new os slowed down computers to a crawl. while this was true (across the board) … it also was not permanent. by end of that first week, 72% of the speed had returned … two weeks into it, all was back to normal.
  3. and, most notably … stop trying to circumvent microsoft's mission … she needs to do her updates … and your security demands it. if you disable updates, she cannot do her updates … your computer is exploited … and you start raising hell about security holes … when, in fact, you had inadvertently propagated the issue in the first place.
this post is intended for the netizens out there in never-never land … cannot even spell google … think owning a computer is no different than owning a game-boy. peace out.

I've got Version 1709 (OS Build 17604.1000). It's a Redstone 5 test build. Should I switch to 1803? I'm thinking about getting out of the Windows Insider Program. I find I can't really get into testing.

If you want to play with Insider builds it's best to do so in a VM not in a daily user or production system.

I only use the insider build for the last month of testing. Life too short to use some of the earlier builds.

I was seriouly thinking about leaving the Insider Program til I read about the inverted Windows Explorer. I couldn't pass it up.