Windows 10 Creators Update: Microsoft announces rollout will begin on April 11
(Via Neowin)
Link: Windows 10 Creators Update: Microsoft announces rollout will begin on April 11

Today, Microsoft revealed that the Windows 10 Creators Update - which has been in development for months through the Windows Insider Program - will begin rolling out on April 11.

The Creators Update was originally announced in October with a wide range of new features, although not all of those features will be part of the update when it's released next month. Some features will also be deprecated or removed from Windows 10.

The final build will be 15063; ISOs for that build appeared on Microsoft's servers earlier this week, and a new version of the Windows 10 Update Assistant also allowed users to upgrade their systems early. However, Microsoft has now blocked access to installation via both of those methods.

Microsoft has previously said that it will release the update for PCs first, making it available to phones and other devices later.

You can find out about some of the new features and improvements coming in the Windows 10 Creators Update here.

Strange; they released the 15063 upgrade assistant, to get people to get hyped about the Windows 10 OS only to pull it off the internet. Hope someone or people have downloaded it and propagate it on the web

A new blog from Microsoft details the Creators Update roll-out as well as the earliest time to access the Creators Update:

For the those of you who are eager to get the Creators Update right away, you will be able to initiate the update manually, starting on April 5th, via Update Assistant. This option is intended for advanced users on devices running a licensed version of Windows 10.

Managing the Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience
By John Cable / Director of Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery

Hi, everyone! Yesterday Yusuf Mehdi announced the availability of the Windows 10 Creators Update, the latest feature update to Windows 10. Today I’d like to share more information about our plans for rolling out the Creators Update.

The Creators Update will begin to roll out on April 11th. Like with the Anniversary Update we delivered last August, this update for Windows will proceed in phases. Based on our experience and feedback from our customers, we believe a phased approach provides the highest quality update experience to the broadest set of customers. The first phase will target newer devices, especially those we tested together with our OEM hardware partners. We will then expand the Creators Update release to additional devices based on the feedback we receive during the initial phase. We’ll iterate this process over a period of several months until all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide are offered the Creators Update. Windows Phone will follow the same phased approach, with rollout scheduled to begin April 25. Note that update availability may vary by manufacturer, model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, specific installed software, hardware limitations and other factors such as feedback from customers.

As we announced previously, customers will be asked to make important privacy settings choices before the Creators Update is installed. When you see the privacy settings page, you will know that the Creators update isn’t far behind!

We also received a lot of feedback asking for more control over when Windows 10 installs updates. As I noted in my blog post from March 1, we’ve provided new ways for customers to control when the update will occur.

These include the ability to specify a time that is convenient for you, pause updates for a week, and expand the “active hours” time window during which you don’t want to be disturbed by an update. If you’re running a Windows 10 PC at work, check with your IT administrator for details regarding your organization’s rollout plans. For the those of you who are eager to get the Creators Update right away, you will be able to initiate the update manually, starting on April 5th, via Update Assistant. This option is intended for advanced users on devices running a licensed version of Windows 10.

We’ve been working hard to get the Creators Update ready for you, and a key aspect of that preparation is the tremendous level of engagement from the Windows Insider Program (WIP) community. Millions of Insiders have installed many different “test builds” and helped us refine the release with their feedback. We also worked closely with top ISVs on application compatibility, and our top hardware partners (including the Microsoft Surface team) to test the Creators Update with a set of the latest devices and peripherals.

Your feedback helps us shape Windows, so naturally, we’re anxious to hear about your experience with the Creators Update. The Feedback Hub app is a great way to provide feedback and is already installed on your Window 10 device. If you experience an issue and need assistance, the new Get Help app makes it easier to resolve issues yourself or be connected to an expert if needed. The app introduces Microsoft’s new virtual support agent, which uses your description of an issue to help find the best troubleshooter, instant answer, support article, or other solution available (initially available only in English in the US).

We hope you enjoy all the great new features in the Creators Update! In the coming weeks, I’ll be providing updates on what feedback we’re hearing and how the Creators Update rollout process is going.

A new blog from Microsoft details the Creators Update roll-out as well as the earliest time to access the Creators Update:

Were can I find the update assistant?
I can't find the download file.
And I want to download this update badly and I'm hoping that it will fix the flicker bug, when I empty my trash the icons in the task ar are "flickering".

that upgrade assistant was pulled by Microsoft last week sometime. it was out for like 12-18 hours not quite a day and then pulled

Microsoft announced via the feedback Hub that a new Cumulative Update Build 15063.11 (KB4016250) for PC released to Windows Insiders in all rings:
We need Windows Insiders to help validate the first Cumulative Update to go out for the Windows 10 Creators Update which is set to begin rolling out to customers around the world on April 11th, Today we are releasing a Cumulative Update Build 15063.11 (KB4016250) for PC to Windows Insiders in all rings. This Cumulative Update brings the following fixes:

• We fixed an issue where on Surface devices, Bluetooth radio fails to re-enumerate during hibernate/resume.
  • We fixed an issue with McAfee Enterprise to prevent a system crash when the product driver is installed on build 15060 configured with Device Guard.
As always, please keep sending in feedback via Feedback Hub.

Thank you,

Windows Insider Team

Were can I find the update assistant?
I can't find the download file.
And I want to download this update badly and I'm hoping that it will fix the flicker bug, when I empty my trash the icons in the task ar are "flickering".
Hi,
you'll notice in the blog that the earliest time one can download the RTM is April 5th:

For the those of you who are eager to get the Creators Update right away, you will be able to initiate the update manually, starting on April 5th, via
Update Assistant. This option is intended for advanced users on devices running a licensed version of Windows 10.
Ref:
Managing the Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience - Windows Experience Blog

Microsoft advises Windows Insiders to check their settings ahead of Creators Update release

Andy Weir of Neowin posted this article at neowin.net..
Next week, Microsoft will begin its general rollout of the Windows 10 Creators Update for PCs, and those who want to get the update early will be able to install it manually from tomorrow, April 5.

Build 15063 will then enter the Windows 10 Current Branch, replacing build 14393 (the Anniversary Update), and making way for the next wave of Insider Preview builds from the Development Branch, leading up to the eventual release of the Redstone 3 update later this year.

As with previous major Windows 10 update cycles, the earliest Development Branch builds after the Creators Update's release will be light on new features, as Microsoft will be prioritizing structural improvements before it makes more visible additions to the OS.

"You won't see many big noticeable changes or new features in new builds just yet," Microsoft's Dona Sarkar said today. "That's because right now, we're focused on making some refinements to OneCore and doing some code refactoring and other engineering work that is necessary to make sure OneCore is optimally structured for teams to start checking in code."

And just as with the earliest Redstone 2 builds, the first new Development Branch builds are likely to include "more bugs and other issues that could be slightly more painful for some people to live with."

Dona is advising users to check their Windows Insider Program settings, and make adjustments as necessary. If you're not comfortable dealing with potentially serious instabilities in the newest Fast ring builds, you might want to switch to the Slow ring to wait for a more stable release instead. You may decide that the Release Preview ring - where you'll get early access to the newest improvements and fixes for the Creators Update - is a better choice. Or you might want to opt out entirely of receiving new Insider Preview builds, and just enjoy a bit of stability for a few weeks before jumping back in.

You can check your status and switch to a different ring by going to Settings > Update & security > Windows Insider Program on your PC. You can opt out fully by pressing the 'Stop Insider Preview builds' button on the same settings page.

Windows 10 Mobile users will have to wait a bit longer for the Creators Update; the rollout for those devices is due to begin on April 25.

You can find out more about the new features and improvements coming in the Creators Update in our overview here.

I'm setting to slow ring and NOT fast ring to possible reported issues. Fast ring insiders might. according to Dona Sarkar might find issues with the fast ring build. which begs me to ask, "Why update to a major update with issues?" Fast ring seems to be an update but along the lines of continuing the saga towards this falls Redstone 3 update. time will only tell..

I guess that we're going after US time, today is the day that we can download the new update - let's hope that Microsoft have fixed the bugs :)

Via Neowin: The Windows 10 Creators Update is now available to manually install

After months of being in preview, the Windows 10 Creators Update is now available for non-Insiders to install on their PCs. In order to do this, you'll need the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool app, which you can download here.

If you're not the type of early adopter that wants to manually install it, Microsoft will begin rolling out the update on April 11. Newer PCs will get it first - especially those that the company has tested with its OEM partners - and then other devices will be upgraded over a period of several months based on feedback.

Once you upgrade to the Creators Update, you'll find quite a few new features. There's a new 3D Paint app, which as the name implies, allows you to draw in 3D. The firm's Edge browser sees a range of improvements, from better management of tabs to the ability to read ebooks (which can be purchased from the Windows Store).

Microsoft is also promising better control and greater transparency over user privacy with the Creators Update. Once you set up a new PC with the Update installed, or upgrade your device, you'll no longer be suggested to simply use express settings; instead, you'll get a list of privacy options, which will be set to 'On' by default, but can be easily changed. The firm has also published a list of the types of data that Windows 10 collects.

And then there are a number of gaming features, such as the new Game Mode, which reprioritizes your PC's resources in favor of the game that you're playing, allowing for better performance. Built-in Beam streaming will allow you to live-stream your games right from the OS; all you need to do is have a Beam account linked to your Microsoft account, and no further action is necessary.

But speaking of Game Mode and Beam streaming, the Creators Update is for all Windows 10 platforms, including the Xbox One. Microsoft rolled out the Update to the console last week, and Insiders can already check out the next feature update.

But as with all feature updates, as some things are added, others are taken away. A number of features were either added or deprecated, including Apps Corner and Reading List.

If you're waiting for the Update on your Windows phone, you'll have to wait a bit longer. That won't arrive until April 25, and with a smaller set of features. You'll still get the ability to read ebooks in Edge, and a couple other minor changes, such as those in Settings, but that's about it.

Of course, if you really want the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update right now, you can always sign up for the Slow ring of the Insider Program, as it's not in Release Preview just yet. You'll end up with build 15063.2, which is the RTM build, although there will likely be another cumulative update between now and the 25th.

To get the Creators Update on your PC now, download the Media Creation Tool app from the link above, run it, and follow the instructions to guide you through the installation process.

some might be pleasantly surprised to see the anti-blue light feature for those who use a PC late into the night

As I was a Windows Insider I got it today. It installed it and then left the insider program as I'd asked it to.

upload_2017-4-5_20-1-5.png

Last edited:
The creators update is available now via the Windows update assistant:
Download Windows 10

It don't work for, I can download it and start the file so I get a .exe file on the desktop but when I run that file it just says "Thanks you for updating to the latest version of Windows" then I can only push a exit button

It don't work for, I can download it and start the file so I get a .exe file on the desktop but when I run that file it just says "Thanks you for updating to the latest version of Windows" then I can only push a exit button
Try right clicking on it and run as admin.

Back
Top Bottom