Windows 10 windows 10 freezing quite often

chueh

I got my computer with windows 10 in April this year, yet it has been freezing up at least 20 times. It never freezes up while I am using it, but always happens while I am away. When I come back, the power button is on, while screen gets no signal. My mouse wouldn't work either.

It says about "Stop Code: Memory management," after I force-shut down the computer. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Also, it's customary to provide Make/Model of your computer and whether a laptop or a desktop PC.

Thanks,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Sorry for the delays. My computer is a desktop Dell Inspiron. I couldn't upload the entire folder, but individual file. Which files are the logs? thanks

Last edited:
This thread will tell you and has an app which will help you. Failing that you can find minidump files in the minidump folder located in the main Windows folder. If there isn't any then follow the instructions in the following thread:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Thanks. Here we go; there are 2 dump files though:

Attachments

• 112416-55125-01.dmp
    405.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 122216-34468-01.dmp
    405.6 KB · Views: 229
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {3f, a031, df4eb078, 62ffe121}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
---------
Hi,
both dumps blamed memory corruption:
Code:
ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT:  Memory Manager detected corruption of a pagefile page while performing an in-page operation.
The data read from storage does not match the original data written.
This indicates the data was corrupted by the storage stack, or device hardware.

As well as it being a memory issue it's also possibly caused by a driver but testing will tell us which.

I checked over your drivers and discovered MCAFEE AV.
mfeaack.sys Fri Apr 22 17:03:01 2016: McAfee Arbitrary Access Control Driver. This is a possible culprit and we ask that users remove third party AV's and just use Defender until testing is over.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I'll move your thread to the correct section..

Merry Christmas!

Thank you so much for your helps, kemical. I'll remove Mcafee Av, and see if BSOD would ever happen again.

Thank you for the update and good luck! Post back if issues still remain.

Back