Windows 10 Windows 10 have total compatibility with SSD?

compatibility

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No total.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I need to install Windows 10 in SSD (sv300s37a240g). I contacted Kingston and received information that: "The Windows 10 still does not have features suitable for the use of SSD technology, Microsoft will deliver new features soon to perfect compatibility with your new OS."

But they said that because I reported my problem (Windows 10 - How to fix error "0x80300024" Install Windows 10 in SSD) of not being managed to install Windows 10, for lack of experience. Until I managed to install with help forums. So once I managed to install, I can use normally?

Last edited:
It should install as normal anyway as windows just see's it as a hard disk. Have the same drive as you and it installed normally. Windows 10 see's it as a SSD and has optimized it accordingly.
Have you checked for any firmware updates for the drive with the kingston util?

It should install as normal anyway as windows just see's it as a hard disk. Have the same drive as you and it installed normally. Windows 10 see's it as a SSD and has optimized it accordingly.
Yes, is updated.

I believe which no will have problem. Thanks.

Hi

I just plugged in a new SSD and installed Windows 10 on it.
I didn't have any problems at all.

My SSD (a Samsung) came with a utility that optimizes the drive and lets you chose a variety of settings for it, as well as run diagnostics and performance tests.

SSD_zpsw4atdn7p.jpg

Mike

Hi

I just plugged in a new SSD and installed Windows 10 on it.
I didn't have any problems at all.

My SSD (a Samsung) came with a utility that optimizes the drive and lets you chose a variety of settings for it, as well as run diagnostics and performance tests.

SSD_zpsw4atdn7p.jpg

Mike
Oh, Great notice Mike! Thanks for your print attachment, good example. I will use Windows 10 as well in SSD.

Hi,

I too went with a Kingston SSD (120GB), and was using it specifically on an old Dell Dimension E520 desktop PC (c.2007) for Win10 Preview testing. It worked great, and I used it for a Win10 presentation at my local Computer Club. The drive worked great for me with no compatibility issues whatsoever. The free Acronis image cloning software did not work on the Preview versions of Win10, but Acronis & Kingston worked this out, and I've not used it on Win10 RTM(July 29th release) to successfully clone and restore a full Win10 image both on the old Dell desktop PC but also on my Sony Vaio laptop (2008)!! The software works perfectly now!

This should give you some confidence; Mike and a few other guys I know have also had success with Kingston, Samsung (Mike), and Intel SSDs with Win10 RTM. I don't know about some of the other SSD manufacturers compatibilities with Win10, as we haven't tested them; and there are hundreds of brands now. I can tell you that Kingston, Samsung, and Intel, all perform top-notch testing on their products and always have. I've read of other folks buying the discount SSDs who had lots of problems with the Win10 preview versions, and in every instance when we recommended that they change to one of the 3 brands above, their problems were soon solved! You get what you pay for.

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :cool:

Hi,

I too went with a Kingston SSD (120GB), and was using it specifically on an old Dell Dimension E520 desktop PC (c.2007) for Win10 Preview testing. It worked great, and I used it for a Win10 presentation at my local Computer Club. The drive worked great for me with no compatibility issues whatsoever. The free Acronis image cloning software did not work on the Preview versions of Win10, but Acronis & Kingston worked this out, and I've not used it on Win10 RTM(July 29th release) to successfully clone and restore a full Win10 image both on the old Dell desktop PC but also on my Sony Vaio laptop (2008)!! The software works perfectly now!

This should give you some confidence; Mike and a few other guys I know have also had success with Kingston, Samsung (Mike), and Intel SSDs with Win10 RTM. I don't know about some of the other SSD manufacturers compatibilities with Win10, as we haven't tested them; and there are hundreds of brands now. I can tell you that Kingston, Samsung, and Intel, all perform top-notch testing on their products and always have. I've read of other folks buying the discount SSDs who had lots of problems with the Win10 preview versions, and in every instance when we recommended that they change to one of the 3 brands above, their problems were soon solved! You get what you pay for.

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :cool:
Oh, yeah! Thank you too. I have installed Windows 10 in SSD, work very well. I like it. :)

Glad to hear it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your final solution with everyone. :cool:

Best,
<<<BBJ>>>

Back