Windows 10 Windows 10 keep crashing when i shut down or restart my laptop

James1981

Hi, i am using a windows 10 laptop, i had recently been messing around with different sata drivers for my series 7 hard drive controller, i dont know if its linked but my laptop recently has been crashing anytime i restart or shut down the laptop, it will go to a sort of bsod screen which looks slightly different in windows 10, but says my laptop has crashed and will restart on its own, sometimes i am having to press the power button in a few secs to get it to shut off.

any ideas at all?

james

Yes, follow instructions for help with your BSOD. It's quite likely the W10 updates are causing havoc with your disk drivers. We'll be able to tell when you upload your mini dump info.

In the meantime, it's very important that you READ THIS:

**CAUTION: BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH SOFTWARE REPAIRS AND HARDWARE TESTING, IT'S IMPERATIVE THAT YOU BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!! REMOVING VIRUSES/MALWARE OR REPAIRING WINDOWS ITSELF IS INHERENTLY HIGH-RISK, AND CAN RESULT IN DATA LOSS OR A NON-FUNCTIONAL SYSTEM!**

If you haven't taken these precautions to backup your data, you should do this now rather than later. If you don't know how to do this, then you should take it to your local licensed Computer Tech and pay him to do for you. Repair solutions we will suggest for you to use, may cause data loss in some situations.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back