windows 10 KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON

LosSerpent

i can't figure this out it's driving me NUTS

my pc keep turning itself on randomly from a complete turn off!!

it also turns on whenever i press something on the keyboard

setup:

asrock h97m pro4
ddr3 12gb
2tb ssd
gtx 1060
i5 4690

fast start up is off.
there are no devices allowed to wake the pc up.
in the bios, i disabled the options to allow the keyboard and mouse to turn the pc on

i tried all kinds of solutions after hours of googling. this can of scrap metal just keeps turning on.

Last edited:
It's possible that the issue is related to a hardware component, such as the keyboard or power supply. Here are some steps you can try:

Unplug all external devices except the keyboard and mouse.
Try a different keyboard and mouse to see if the problem persists.
Disconnect the power cable from the PC and hold the power button down for 30 seconds to discharge any residual power.
Check the power supply for any damage, including the cables and connections.
Try to disconnect and reconnect the physical power supply or swap out the power supply.
Try booting the PC in safe mode to see if the issue still occurs.

You have already tried several solutions, but here are some other things to try:
  1. Go to Task Scheduler and see if there are any tasks that are set to wake up the PC. If you find any, right-click on them and select "Disable" to turn them off.
  2. This feature can sometimes cause a PC to turn on randomly. so, you need to Go to the device manager, select your network adapter, and find the "Advanced" tab. Look for a setting called "Wake on Magic Packet" or "Wake on LAN" and disable it.
  3. Visit the ASRock website and check for any BIOS updates for your motherboard. Installing the latest BIOS update may resolve the issue.
  4. Make sure that all connections inside the PC are tight and secure, including the cables connecting the keyboard and mouse.
  5. Try using a different keyboard to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, the issue may be with the keyboard itself.
If none of these solutions works, you may have to consider replacing the hardware components that may be causing the issue.

It's possible that the issue is related to a hardware component, such as the keyboard or power supply. Here are some steps you can try:

Unplug all external devices except the keyboard and mouse.
Try a different keyboard and mouse to see if the problem persists.
Disconnect the power cable from the PC and hold the power button down for 30 seconds to discharge any residual power.
Check the power supply for any damage, including the cables and connections.
Try to disconnect and reconnect the physical power supply or swap out the power supply.
Try booting the PC in safe mode to see if the issue still occurs.
issue persists with a different keyboard too. it also seems to turn on when i plug stuff like my corsair void wireless reciver in

You have already tried several solutions, but here are some other things to try:
  1. Go to Task Scheduler and see if there are any tasks that are set to wake up the PC. If you find any, right-click on them and select "Disable" to turn them off.
  2. This feature can sometimes cause a PC to turn on randomly. so, you need to Go to the device manager, select your network adapter, and find the "Advanced" tab. Look for a setting called "Wake on Magic Packet" or "Wake on LAN" and disable it.
  3. Visit the ASRock website and check for any BIOS updates for your motherboard. Installing the latest BIOS update may resolve the issue.
  4. Make sure that all connections inside the PC are tight and secure, including the cables connecting the keyboard and mouse.
  5. Try using a different keyboard to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, the issue may be with the keyboard itself.
If none of these solutions works, you may have to consider replacing the hardware components that may be causing the issue.
i'm pretty sure i have the latest bios update as i remember updating a while ago, do you know how i can check which bios version i have? i can't remember how to do it

Yes, you can check the BIOS version on most computers by restarting the computer and entering the BIOS setup utility during startup. The exact process for accessing the BIOS may vary depending on your specific computer, but here are some common methods:
  • Press the key indicated on the screen during startup. The key is usually Del, Esc, F2, F10, or F12.
  • Continuously press the key before and after the computer starts up.
  • Check the manual or documentation for your computer to see which key to press during startup.
Once you are in the BIOS setup utility, you should be able to see the version number listed on the main screen or in the "System Information" section.

If you are unable to enter the BIOS setup utility or if you are using a computer with Windows, you can also check the BIOS version by using the System Information tool. Here's how:
  1. Press the Windows key + X, and select System.
  2. Look for BIOS Version/Date in the System Information window.

Back
Top Bottom