Windows 10 Windows 10 many files deleted!

FunHD2

I love CCleaner, it's a good product. So I looked at other products from Piriform, and then I saw "Recuva". I looked at several sources, they all said it was safe.

So now I am here, not even 5 seconds into the scan, I see way too many deleted files, and many of those are MICROSOFT FILES!

So should I recover those MS-Files? I don't really know, as it also can be the temporary files that CCleaner deleted...

Some of the file names:
Microsoft-Windows-Store (The store doesn't work, is this the reason?)
Microsoft-Windows-AppReading...

Ccleaner has been labeled unsafe in computer industry publications for several years. You may have to undo everything it removed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLDR Version: No you don't need to recover any of those files.

Basically in a nutshell. Windows tracks all files on the system through the MFT or Master File Table. When a file is deleted the corresponding MFT entry is marked as available. This means that the data still exists on the disk until a file re-uses that given MFT entry to store data and actually override the data on disk, so basically any data recovery tool will generally see many many files that could be recovered either fully or partial.

Piriform's tools are technically safe to use, but I would agree over the last few years they more akin to adware now and also likely collect personal data.

There is a saying in the technology space. If something is free you (the user) are the product. Some prime examples would be Facebook which basically harvests massive amounts of user data and sells it. As well as AVG and Avast were recently caught selling data they collected from their "Free" AV product.

In most cases, your files are stored on the C drive, just choose this drive as the targeted drive to start data recovery. Step 2: Scan the hard drive to find lost files. Now, click on "Scan" button to scan the hard drive to find your lost files which were deleted by CCleaner. Step 3: Preview and recover the lost files

Back