Windows 10 Windows 10 reuse key?

david fumo

Hi, I have a macbook and I run a windows boot camp partition on it most of the time. However, I frequently delete the partition whenever I don't need to use windows, need to add/remove space on the partition, or whenever I muck something up with it. I recently was trying to avoid having to make a new partition and just clear out some space short term, and ended up deleting firefox and edge, and unable to reacquire either. So now I'm going to just nuke the partition and remake it bigger which I should have done in the first place. Anyway, my question is how many times can I reuse a windows 10 activation key? I'm getting kind of sick of the basic windows screen and the watermark and I use windows enough to make it worthwhile to upgrade. Lets say I do buy a key, can I reuse the key next time i inevitably delete and redownload windows? If so, how many times?

Thanks!
Love, David

You can use the key once i.e having it installed on computer A means computer B will stop being registered

The key itself should be able to log automatically once the install goes to the internet

Sent from my SP9 using Windows Forums mobile app

Hi, I have a macbook and I run a windows boot camp partition on it most of the time. However, I frequently delete the partition whenever I don't need to use windows, need to add/remove space on the partition, or whenever I muck something up with it. I recently was trying to avoid having to make a new partition and just clear out some space short term, and ended up deleting firefox and edge, and unable to reacquire either. So now I'm going to just nuke the partition and remake it bigger which I should have done in the first place. Anyway, my question is how many times can I reuse a windows 10 activation key? I'm getting kind of sick of the basic windows screen and the watermark and I use windows enough to make it worthwhile to upgrade. Lets say I do buy a key, can I reuse the key next time i inevitably delete and redownload windows? If so, how many times?

Thanks!
Love, David
As long as you install/reinstall retail Windows 10 on only one computer at a time, I don't think that there is any limit of the number of uses of the product key. OEM Windows 10 may be only used on the computer where it was originaly installed, it is not possible to transfer it to another computer.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

As gdany says. One proviso. When you make a new install, at the commencement it asks you to insert the key At the bottom click the “I do not have a key”

Back