Windows 10 Windows 10 Startup Glitching

Maxxcomedy

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W510 and whenever I try to boot it up, it shows the blue Windows 10 logo like normal, but before I get to the sign in screen, the white loading screen shows and the screen turns black for a split second, then it loads a tiny bit more, then the screen turns black for a split second, and it goes on like this forever. This problem started when I was at my friends house and I connected to his internet but it worked fine; then later one of my games updated and then even later; my Thinkpad said something about disk drive errors; restart to fix errors. So, I restarted, and then the problem came. I've tried booting in safe mode but the same thing happens.

Hi,
I checked your system s support page and I see there is a diagnostic troubleshooter. Try running that first and see where it gets you:
Laptops :: ThinkPad W Series laptops :: W510 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Lenovo Support (US)

Another you could do is create a recovery disk/usb in case you need to boot into safe mode:
Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -
It's also handy just in case anything should happen, you can boot from it and enter the recovery console.

Check Start up in the Task manager and see what's starting up with windows. It will also give you your boot times too.

Have you checked for driver updates?

Try running a malware scan
Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

Thank you very much for your answer, sadly however; I don't believe I can use these solutions as I can't access my pc. (Desktop, task manager, etc.).

It's an old trick from years ago that sometimes if you remove the battery for 30mins it apparently helps.

Can you boot into the bios? If so you could then change the boot order and boot from the recovery disk/usb and then safe mode or use system restore.

It's an old trick from years ago that sometimes if you remove the battery for 30mins it apparently helps.

Can you boot into the bios? If so you could then change the boot order and boot from the recovery disk/usb and then safe mode or use system restore.
I can boot in safe mode (but I will need to have already booted normally), I do not know how/what is bios, and I do not have any recovery disk/usbs with my files. Well, I have one with some important stuff but I won't be able to boot from it.

I can boot in safe mode (but I will need to have already booted normally), I do not know how/what is bios, and I do not have any recovery disk/usbs with my files. Well, I have one with some important stuff but I won't be able to boot from it.
I have OneDrive and I think other cloud backups; would they work?

I have OneDrive and I think other cloud backups; would they work?

If you have a back up then by all means try it.
I've been doing some checking and apparently if you press F11 when booting up it should get you into the restore to factory default page. You will lose any work or photo's stored but basically it will get your system back up and running as new.

Restoring back to factory may be, and probably is the best solution to this problem IMHO!
Team effort is always good;)

Thank you everyone for your answers, I truly do appreciate the help. Sadly, I was trying to avoid reseting back to default only because I'd have to re-download everything; but I guess I'll have to but for sure I'll start making backups. Thank you and goodbye. (If you're not sure of what I'm doing, I'm going to reset to default).

Hi,
if your not really wanting to do a 'Reset' why not try system restore and go back to a point before the machine started with the issue?
Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help
Oh right! Thank you I'll try that. Sadly I tried to reset but I did not work. Now, when I start my P.C. I shows me the Lenovo Thinkpad startup screen, But then the screen just turns black and shows it again nonstop. (I did restore to a system point because I think I already did and it didn't work but if I can get to that screen again I'll try it). But anyways to recap the problem now is that it shows me Lenovo Thinkpad startup, then turns black and turns back to startup screen, and there was an error resetting.

If you can still get into safe mode You could always try a earlier restore point?

Back