Windows 7 Windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit?

rfcgreg

So in the modern day there is much greater support for 64bit computing in all ways from gaming to average home use obviously in the past 64bit has been rather unstable for things like gaming due to the 32-64 difference but these days most new hardware is fully compatible with both so it just comes down to windows itself taking hardware out the picture just assume its a pc that can fully support both

Q: Which is a better choice 64 bit or 32 bit w7

Basically I want your opinions on whats a better one and your reasons why

I am swaying to 32 bit as I've tried both and 32 seems slightly more stable

Discuss... :)

For all most all of us out there: 64 bit. Why? Again for all most all of us out there: RAM. 32 bit is limited to a maximum of 3.5 gigs of RAM. While the 64 bit is only limited to the RAM capacity of the mobo. More RAM equals more speed in the most basic of terms. I run 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 8 gigs of RAM, while my mobo RAM maximum capacity is 16 gigs of RAM.

As far as the stability issue....That is mainly a myth now. Yes, when the 64 bit OS was first introduced some years back it was buggy and stability was an issue. Now in the modern day you have no worries from the OS stand point.

I recommend the the 64 bit and go Pro. See comparison chart.

Compare Windows - Microsoft Windows

For all most all of us out there: 64 bit. Why? Again for all most all of us out there: RAM. 32 bit is limited to a maximum of 3.5 gigs of RAM. While the 64 bit is only limited to the RAM capacity of the mobo. More RAM equals more speed in the most basic of terms. I run 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 8 gigs of RAM, while my mobo RAM maximum capacity is 16 gigs of RAM.

As far as the stability issue....That is mainly a myth now. Yes, when the 64 bit OS was first introduced some years back it was buggy and stability was an issue. Now in the modern day you have no worries from the OS stand point.

I recommend the the 64 bit and go Pro. See comparison chart.

Compare Windows - Microsoft Windows

swfwvp_th.jpg
, again, on all points.

Don

you make some good points, the Max RAM is obviously the main selling point forgot to mention that, I still find though for gaming especially with heavy duty games that use alot of pc resources 64bit still seems to have more issues than 32 but thats my own experience I might just be having bad driver luck, for example its common for me to have little hiccups when gaming just miny little split second hangs that can happen every 60 or so seconds but like i said could be graphics issues I know that ATI drivers have been gettin flack recently

For me the choice was simple....64 bit, it's just flat out better. Now, for an analogy of mine. Using the 64 bit system is like using dual a monitor setup, once you try it you wont want to go back. Try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom