Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit BSOD

Hello! I have just recently built a PC around the end of September. Since the end of October, I have been getting BSOD's . This happens usually once or twice every week. I was playing a game today and I got one and lost my save data D: and have realized it is time I try and fix this. I have no Idea how to diagnose this so any help is appreciated. I followed the guide on how to post a BSOD problem and the zip file will be linked here with the cpu-z screenshot's and RAMMon report. Thank you! PS: (Any additional info can be provided!)

Attachments

• W7F_29-12-2016.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 473
Your GPU is throwing the error. There looks like there may be a slightly newer driver on AMDs site. Desktop

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80106c7010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88004308284, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

FAULT_INSTR_CODE: 28ec8348

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+f284

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 58443f42

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

Also forgot to note, I did just upgrade to the rx 480 a few days ago from a hd 5770 and I also had the BSOD's on the old card....

Did you try removing ATI Catalyst Center app? Did you replace the HDD your W7 is installed on?

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Well, since you've never replaced your HDD and you're still running on a W7-era machine, that computer is 7 going on 8 years old; and hard drives only last 3 years in any desktop PC, whether OEM or Self-Built.:eek: It's extremely likely that your HDD is failing or has failed. Hard Drive failures often produce BSOD type failure symptoms that go unnoticed, and folks spend hundreds of dollars swapping out graphics cards and drivers to get to the bottom of the problem, only to find out after weeks or months they had a failing hard drive!! :waah:

This could be very likely your problem too. We often suggest that you spend the few days required to properly test your hard drive out using the testing procedures in this link: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure.
If your hard drive passes and returns no errors, you can continue troubleshooting as per above changing out graphics cards, updating GPU card drivers, etc. and other software that might be causing your BSODs. If you spend weeks or months not solving the problem still, I'd still consider replacing that HDD with a brand new one and reinstalling your W7 from scratch or factory Recovery media. Even the best diagnostics don't catch 100% of hard drive problems. And I've been able to fix previously unfixable PCs with BSODs that no one else could figure out in this fashion. Hardware is often ignored by self-builders, and all too often software is deemed the primary fix method--but remember this:
NO SOFTWARE ON THE PLANET CAN FIX BROKEN HARDWARE!!:noway:

Best of luck,
<<<BBJ>>>

Back