Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit pro freezing when any browser open

Quisty

This has happened quite a few times since install (2 days ago). When using vista (dual boot) there are no freezes, so i doubt its a hardware issue. Also yet to note a freeze when not browsing/ connected to net. Everything freezes, and i have to hold the power button to restart. this has happened with firefox, chrome, and ie8. I have seen examples of this in other forums, but no definitive answers. any help would be really appreciated.

This has happened quite a few times since install (2 days ago). When using vista (dual boot) there are no freezes, so i doubt its a hardware issue. Also yet to note a freeze when not browsing/ connected to net. Everything freezes, and i have to hold the power button to restart. this has happened with firefox, chrome, and ie8. I have seen examples of this in other forums, but no definitive answers. any help would be really appreciated.

Just a possibility (with known freeze issues)... are you use Microsoft Security Essentials and Zone Alarm? That will cause what you are talking about. They conflict with each other.... remove one or the other if that is the case.

Back