Windows 7 Windows 7 better for games than Vista

Gary1955

Usually when I install a new OS I load up my games with great trepidation but all the games that ran in Vista 64 also run in Windows 7 64. They are:
Age of Empires (I should hope so MicroSoft released it)
Company of Heroes
Dangerous Waters
DCS Black Shark
Falcon Allied Force
Flashpoint Reistance
Guild Wars
MS Combat Flight Sim 3
MS Flight Sim X with Accelerator Pack
Oblivion
Star Wars: Empire at War
Lord of the Rings Online
The Witcher
Warcraft III
World in Conflict
And now some games that didn't run in Vista but run now:
B17
Lock-On
Pacific Fighters
Silent Hunter 4
Neverwinter Nights 2 seems like it wants to work but it keeps saying I do't have a 3D Graphics card installed (2 280GTXs in SLI??? If that's not 3D I don't know what is, I'm thinking drivers)
Hope this helps.

Yeah, man it's much better. Personally I recommend it for gaming. The rule is that : Every OS is greator then it's predecerssor so Win7 is 2X than XP. Rejoice. :)

I've been playing BF2142 on Win 7 64 and am getting 30 frames per second, on average, better than in WinXP and Vista.

My benchmarks a show small fps increase. Could be down to newer drivers or Windows 7, either way I dont really notice any difference. A good thing really.

I play CODUO pretty much exclusively and I have noticed a 30% increase in FPS. One thing I did notice however is that I can't control the brightness in the game any more as the "Apply" button isn't there. If I switch back to Win64 bit XP it is there. other than that I am satisfied completely. I am researching as to why the Apply button in Options isn't working and if any of you have a suggestion, I would appreciate an eMail.

Back