Windows 7 Windows 7 Black Screen After Windows Logo

charmos

Hi all,

I need help in my desktop unit I am using - HP Pro 3400 Series MT running in Windows 7 32-bit OS.

For whatsoever reasons, when I started it today, the Windows Boot Manager showed off and I tried all the possible ways to repair it. Tried the Windows CD to repair it but after the windows logo, it just goes black and nothing else.

Please help.

Thanks.

The Black Screen is most often connected with a missing file. Also connected with a fail of video card, either hardware or software. Your computer should have an integrated card, it's possible it has failed - if you have warranty, use it.

One option is, if you can get to Safe Mode that is, press F8 continually or repeatedly when Windows starts to start = after the POST. There you can choose an option for Recovery. It may help.

Thanks for your response Pauli.

That's where the problem shows off. After trying all the possible options, it leads to that black screen.

Did you get to Safe Mode? Pressing this blasted F8, to get it work, isn't always that easy, it may take some trials and several restarts. A black (!) screen should appear, showing options - choose Safe Mode.

Not nagging, ok? :cool:

I tried the Safe Mode. I can access it but can't get through. It list down files and after that, it will stop and the black screen thereafter.

I am not certain if I got your problem but I have a problem with booting my system as well and you know what worked during the loading procedure? Pressing Alt+F4 - this is no way a joke (my brother found that kind of funny, so just saying) - but it might have been simply a coincidence.
Anyway, my HDD's NTFS, MFT and MBR is broken BUT I could boot by hitting Alt+F4 right during the drivers loading period of Windows 7.

might be worth a try?

Back