Windows 7 Windows 7 Blue Screen Error

rjackso3

Hi Everyone, I'd like to thank you in advance for helping me.

Here is my hardware setup:
MB: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
CPU: Intel core i7 920 (not overclocking)
Mem: 6X1GB Corsair 1600 (not sure of exact model)
Vid: ATI Raedon HD 5870
HDD:2X1TB Western Digital
(Please let me know if you require more specs)

I am running a dual boot system Vista 64bit on one drive, Windows 7 Pro 4bit on the other.

Vista is running very well. Windows 7 on the other hand is giving me trouble. My system is crashing and I am getting the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH while doing any number of tasks, ranging from playing music, surfing the web, using MS Word.....etc.

I have used a program called Driver Robot to update all of the drivers I can. I have disabled my bluetooth device as there was no available driver, but I am still experiencing the BLUE SCREEN crashes.

the error reads as follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050033
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF800030D0591
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

It started to happen right after a set of automatic updates a few weeks back.

Can someone please help me out. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Well, I would not leave it to some utility to update my drivers for me. You might try doing it yourself.

How did you install Win 7? Are you dual booting and how did you set that up.

If it is having problems, it might be drivers are being use which are causing them.

If you feel the problem might be caused by updates, you can walk those back if you so desire. I am not running a x64 install, so I do not know.

You can try doing a system restore.
If you know what updates you installed which may cause this issue, uninstall them.
When exactly you get the BSOD? Randomly or when performing any tasks? If when performing any task, uncheck them in the startup tab in msconfig and reboot and check.

When I first put the computer together, I installed VISTA, got it up and running.......about a month later, I bought a copy of WIN 7 when it came out. I just popped in the Installation CDs and Away I went.

The Driver Robot program I used just told me which drivers it "thought" needed updating. It was then up to me to manually uptade drivers, & I was very selective in my driver update process.

The BSOD is happening seemingly randomly. I could leave the computer at the logon screen, or performing any number of random tasks.

The BSOD problem got to the point where the BSOD would appear before I could even click the start menu button. So in my frustration, I have purchased a third 1GB hard drive (I got a very very good deal), and have re-installed Windows 7 on this. I have very careful in updating drivers and installing applications. The system is very stable at the moment and I have not received any BSODs with this OS installation. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

If it starts to happen again, I will be back in this post. But for now, thank you for your help.

Back