Windows 7 Windows 7 Blue Screen

partlow

I keep getting a blue screen. I tried updating my drivers and it looks like they are all updated but I still get a blue screen. Sometimes its when I am doing something and other times I am not doing anything. Not sure what kind of info to capture to help troubleshoot this better. Here is what I do have. PLease help me with this it is driving me crazy!!!!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1
BCP1: 00000000775B01EA
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: FFFFF88009869CA0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\020710-16614-01.dmp
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-21247-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
If
the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thanks,
Matt

Did you upgrade or do a clean install ?

1. Clean install is recommended
2. It can be a hardware failure

Hello Matt, did this occur immediately after install.

What drivers are you trying to update.

Answer cybercore's question first, it's important.

Please give use your computer specs and upload the 020710-16614-01.dmp for us to look over.

How do I attach the .dmp File?

It occured after I installed not immediatly though it is just periodicly. This is a brand new computer build. Clean Install.

These are my system specs not sure if that helps any.

CPU ----- Intel i7 920 d0
Mobo ---- GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R
Ram ----- OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB)
Case ---- Antec 902
Cooling --- Stock for now
PSU ------ CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
GPU ------ XFX GS250XZDFU GeForce GTS 250 1GB
HDDs ---- 60gb OCZ Vertex SSD/OS , 2- 1TB WD Caviar Black Storage(Raid 1)
OS ------- Windows 7 Professional x64

To attach any file with your post, compress it to a zip archive and then click on manage attachments to upload it.

As reghackr has already mentioned, did the problem start after you installed a certain driver ?

Do you perchance practice overclocking, do you use ASUS AI which you should update in this case ?

BSOD is often caused by hardware errors, which is often linked to bios settings and bad drivers.

To attach any file with your post, compress it to a zip archive and then click on manage attachments to upload it.

As reghackr has already mentioned, did the problem start after you installed a certain driver ?

Do you perchance practice overclocking, do you use ASUS AI which you should update in this case ?

BSOD is often caused by hardware errors, which is often linked to bios settings and bad drivers.

I did do a small OC and everything was fine. Then the next day it started. The only way I have updated drivers was updating the windows updates. I have since but everything back like it was in the bios and still no change. I have not even heard of ASUS AI...

Do you have the latest drivers for your XFX GS250XZDFU GeForce GTS 250 1GB

Remember to uninstall the present driver from Programs and Features first.

Last edited:
Do you have the latest drivers for your XFX GS250XZDFU GeForce GTS 250 1GB

I went to there website and downloaded what they said was the latest driver.

This is what I have right now,
Driver Details 8.17.11.9621

Is that what the issue is in the .dmp file?

Last edited:
I uninstalled my drivers for nividea but I tried to download the one I supposedly needed and it wouldnt load. It said I didnt have the right drivers to load it. So I rebooted and windows found the correct drivers and reloaded them. Maybe that will work. Is there anything else I can do to capture more info? Or is the .dmp file enough?

Just did it again on the Blue screen it said APC_Index_Mismacth but rebbooted before I could do anything else.

Problem signature:
BCCode: 1
BCP1: 000000007794FFAA
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: FFFFF8800BC7BCA0
C:\Windows\Minidump\020710-16551-01.dmp
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-20919-0.sysdata.xml
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

Here is the file.

Attachments

• 020710-16551-01.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 321
Again but the blue screen said ntfs.sys

Problem signature:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 00000000001904FB
BCP2: FFFFF8800A4ECBE8
BCP3: FFFFF8800A4EC440
BCP4: FFFFF880012C688D
C:\Windows\Minidump\020710-15475-01.dmp
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-20108-0.sysdata.xml
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

Attachments

• 020710-15475-01.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 319
Here's awhat a Google search revealled:

This STOP error can occur during startup or at other times. The 8 digit hexadecimal number 0x00000001 translates to the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH which may be caused by the following:
  1. A kernel-level application or device driver running in kernel mode created a mismatch of thread and asynchronous procedure calls (APC) indexes. This is probably due to a file system mismatch in the number of processes that entered the critical area compared to those that left. Allowing the software to run at this point will corrupt or damage the system.
  2. This could be due to newly added hardware or software issues.
  3. This error can pop up when a CD or DVD is inserted into the drive
  4. This error also happens when the computer uses the Windows Vista Aero color scheme.
  5. Sometimes, when we unlock the computer and login to the default desktop this STOP error shows up.
  6. This STOP error sometimes occurs after the computer transitions into to sleep mode repeatedly (by customer usage).
  7. This problem can also happen in a secure desktop environment (when we lock the computer) where an application has registered an “event hook” using an Application Programming Interface
  8. Problems in the Windows system file win32k.sys can trigger this STOP error.
  9. Memory corruption can also create these conditions.
  10. Too much RAM (> 2GB) may exceed motherboard and BIOS capabilities and create this STOP Error.
Solutions:

1. Verify that all your hardware is compatible with the Vista operating system.
  2. Verify that all the software updates are installed for the current Operating system as well as on all device drivers and external third party software on the system.
  3. If this error showed up when the computer was restarting, go to Step 8. If the computer was operating normally when this error occurred, then continue to Step 4.
  4. Check the “Problem Reports and Solutions” page or VISTA. Click on Start->Control Panel->System and Maintenance->Problem Reports and Solutions. This facility searches online for device driver updates and solutions to problems caused by external hardware or software.
  5. If the error appears during restart (and the restart is successful in spite of the error) , set the Windows Memory Diagnostic to get more details about the problems during restart. Then go to Step 8.

a. Click on Start->All Programs->Accessories. Right-click on Command-Prompt and choose “Run as administrator”
    b. Enter mdshed.exe at the command prompt. Schedule the tool to run at the next restart.
  6. Run the Memory Diagnostics Tool on Vista to see if the memory is corrupted. This is a very useful application that can detect memory errors during restarts. To configure this tool:

a. Close all applications.
    b. Click on the Start button and in the Search field, type “Memory Diagnostics Tool”.
    c. Choose what type of tests you want to run from the options provided.
    d. Choose the cache setting for each test and the pass count ( number of times to repeat each test)
    e. Set it to run immediately and follow the prompts. Computer restarts.
    f. If the tool finds memory errors, it reports it immediately.
  7. Try to restore the system to a previous restore point. Click on the Windows Start button and type “System Restore” into the Search field. The System Restore application comes up. Choose a restore point and continue to restore system.
  8. Try to restart the computer again. If you cannot restart it using the mouse or keyboard options, shut down the computer by pressing down the manual Power button for a few seconds. When the computer has completely shut down, press the button again to restart the computer.
  9. As the computer restarts, press and hold the F8 key before the Windows Logo appears.
  10. Use the arrow keys to select “Repair the computer” in the “Advanced Boot Options” menu.
  11. Choose a keyboard layout and login using username and password. You will need administrator password if it is set on the system. If you have never set it, then just click on “Continue”.
  12. Choose Startup Repair from the menu for “System Recovery Options”. The Startup Repair process will try to repair the computer.
  13. If this does not solve the problem, check the CD-ROM driver and try to install another one. Open up the chassis and check the motherboard. Reseat the memory chips. Check the power supply. If you have testing equipment for the hardware, use them to detect any hardware malfunctions
  14. If none of the above works, you may have to reformat the drive and re-install the operating system.

I did some looking and I have a hauppauge pvr 500 tv tuner installed and it shows to work with windows 7 but only with the 32 bit version. Not sure if this could be my problem or not. Time will tell. I pulled the pci card out. Do I need to uninstall the drivers for it? I cant find them now that the card has been removed.

Back