Windows 7 Windows 7 Build 7061

Huh, how real is it?
Why can't i find any screenshots of that build?
I don't see anywhere that anybody has tested it...

Again, why do you want these interim/daily builds so bad.... ;) The RC is worth waiting for in my opinion.. Continuously downloading (illegally for some.. ;) ) daily builds is a waste of time IMO not to mention all the formatting and partitioning can and does take it's toll on older HDD's.. ;) I donno, I'm obviously not telling anyone what to do or not do, nor would I ever try to do something like that.. I'm simply saying that I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal over daily/interim builds.. Maybe it's just one of those things I'll never understand.. hahah not likely but anyway..

Not to be completely contradictory, but I do also want to try each one of these builds just as much as the next person HOWEVER, I do not.. simply because I don't see the point.. whether or not the RC is pushed to the end of MAY remains to be seen.. though annoying I'll still continue to use good old Build 7000.. some would say that 7000 is no good anymore.. well ok, but no good compared to what? A daily/interim build? Sorry, but that's just an unfair comparison...

The days are marked on my calendar until the RC is actually released.... Not long now.. even if it is pushed until the end of May (which I still say won't happen) then so be it.... :)

Again, why do you want these interim/daily builds so bad.... ;) The RC is worth waiting for in my opinion.. Continuously downloading (illegally for some.. ;) ) daily builds is a waste of time IMO not to mention all the formatting and partitioning can and does take it's toll on older HDD's..
( and someone elses) 5 kids are outside barefooted

Look dude, I'm home, unemployeed, smoking crack, while my 5 kids (and someone elses) are outside my doublewide trailer, barefooted, playing in ice covered mud puddles...............what the hell else am I supposed to do? Its free!!

Rock on, live and let live

BillD

Here's a bit more in-fo-The ever trustworthy russian site wzor.net has posted the builds that were compiled after Windows 7 build 7057,the latest build being build 7063 compiled on 13th March Here is the list just take a look at it- 6.1.7057.0.winmain.090305-2000 6.1.7058.0.winmain.090307-1140 6.1.7059.0.winmain.090309-1815 6.1.7060.0.winmain.090310-1910 6.1.7061.0.winmain.090311-1856 6.1.7062.0.winmain.090312-1900.

Is there any mention of whether the SATA bug that was present in the 705x builds that essentially crippled a PC whose HDD was not connected to SATA0 Channel0 is fixed in 7061?

No mention yet that I know of, but I figure Microsoft knew about the problem but never intended 7057 to be released.

Microsoft is fully aware of that problem and they are working to fix it. I have this from a friend at microsoft.

I heartily agree with the views of radenight and dockmaster. An even bigger waste of time is trying to solve bugs in the successive builds.
The only source of a "release date" so far, has been from a Russian site, which regularly pumps out the builds acquired from an unknown source. It could well be reliable, but confidential, information, or a good speculative guess. The article being referred to in this thread, talks of an "Escrow" release. This is itself an indication of a doubtful source. There will be no Escrow, as Microsoft have (officially) stated that the next official beta version will be the RC. There is no current (Official) information about the release date for the RC. Too many people 'speculate' . Will 7048, 7057 or even a higher build be the RC that we finally get? The only people that know for sure are Microsoft and, for their own reasons, they are not sharing it with us. That, unfortunately, is their prerogative, after all, it is 'their' software not ours. How many people jump when they see that a new build has been 'leaked' and immediately log on to the nearest torrent/warez site to download it? Once they have it out comes the old "ego", childrens playground taunt 'I have it and you don't! Many of the websites are eager to get leaked news of a build that has found its way onto a torrent/warez site, eager to be the first to publish the 'latest' screenshots. It gets them nowhere, it is simply a one day wonder.
If you have doubts about this, spend a little time on the Microsoft forums, (they are free to all) where more accurate statements are made.

I heartily agree with the views of radenight and dockmaster. An even bigger waste of time is trying to solve bugs in the successive builds.
The only source of a "release date" so far, has been from a Russian site, which regularly pumps out the builds acquired from an unknown source. It could well be reliable, but confidential, information, or a good speculative guess. The article being referred to in this thread, talks of an "Escrow" release. This is itself an indication of a doubtful source. There will be no Escrow, as Microsoft have (officially) stated that the next official beta version will be the RC. There is no current (Official) information about the release date for the RC. Too many people 'speculate' . Will 7048, 7057 or even a higher build be the RC that we finally get? The only people that know for sure are Microsoft and, for their own reasons, they are not sharing it with us. That, unfortunately, is their prerogative, after all, it is 'their' software not ours. How many people jump when they see that a new build has been 'leaked' and immediately log on to the nearest torrent/warez site to download it? Once they have it out comes the old "ego", childrens playground taunt 'I have it and you don't! Many of the websites are eager to get leaked news of a build that has found its way onto a torrent/warez site, eager to be the first to publish the 'latest' screenshots. It gets them nowhere, it is simply a one day wonder.
If you have doubts about this, spend a little time on the Microsoft forums, (they are free to all) where more accurate statements are made.

Completely agreeing with u and Radenight, becaz I myself got fedup after installing so many various builds of Windows 7 from 6801, 6956, 7000, 7022, 7048, 7057 and on and on... and I can say every build had its own problems but we (here WE means people like me) try these builds because we feel that it may solve the problems which we faced previously...

Back