Windows 7 Windows 7 can't access my Windows Me computer

Josh the Nerd

The Windows Me computer (named HPPAV) shows up in Network, but when I try to open it, I get a "Network Error" dialog box that reads in big letters "Windows cannot access \\HPPAV" and then "Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose." When I click "See details", it says "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found." The Diagnose button finds nothing wrong.

I can access my Vista computer fine. My Vista computer can access HPPAV fine.

Hi!
Click on My Computer - Map network drive - manually type there \\HPPAV\c (or any other drive letter instead "c" that is shared on your ME computer). The drive should appear under My Computer.

I have no idea :( But same is happening to me on PC with Windows 98 and so far I found no other solution then I posted here. Maybe someone else can solve better this problem. Sorry, I don't know what else to do, this is only way I got it working.

ive just seen this in another thread with xp, try running the network sharing wizard on winme.

Back
Top Bottom