Windows 7 Windows 7 clean install error: "Setup was unable to use existing system partition because it does no

TsAmE

Hi all. I am having a problem with installing Windows 7 on my netbook (Novero Solana). I did a clean install (wiped out Windows 8) and when using a USB boot install of Windows 7, I encountered the following error (Disk 0 Unallocated Space):

"Windows 7 install Error "Setup was unable to use existing system partition because it does not contain the required free space".

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial, sans-serif]The other partition on my netbook is System Reserved (Disk 0 Partition 1: System Reserved), but I don't want to touch it, as I have heard it contains important files e.g. bootup.[/FONT]

Attached is the screenshot of the "Install Windows" screen displaying the partitions. Help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Win7 partitions.jpg
    Win7 partitions.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 1,112
You obviously have Windows 8 system files in the System part. What you should do is to re-partition your disk, to get rid of the System Part --- precisely what you don't want to do. Then, with one partition / or more than one new ones, you'll be able to install Windows 7.

"but I don't want to touch it, as I have heard it contains important files e.g. bootup." --- Windows 7 comes with its own bootup. There's always a risk, but again, so is there with life.

The only partition on your drive is the very small system partition which you do not want to touch. All the remainder of the drive is "unallocated space". Before installing you must create a new partition in this space then direct the install to that new partition.

Back
Top Bottom