Windows 7 Windows 7 doesn't detect my graphics card

Janus

Windows 7 doesn't detect my graphics card. I installed Windows 7 and updated drivers for all hardware components, then when I tried to install the nvidia drivers for my 6600gt, I figured out that windows has not detected the card. so I checked the device manager to confirm and there were no display adapters listed at all. otherwise everything works perfect, any suggestions on what to do????

EDIT: I upgraded my graphics card and still windows doesn't detect any display adapters, the only one it finds is the integrated graphics card, I also tried to find the drivers for my motherboard and I couldn't find them(ASUS P5RD1-VM)

EDIT 2: I found out that the problem is called Code 12, so I disabled some devices(network adapters and printer ports) that I was not using but still no luck...

Last edited:
I actually have a similar problem.

Have tried many, many different drivers with no luck. It seems right off the bat my card is not detected by Windows 7, and when I install ANY driver (from laptops2go site, or nvidia site, no difference) I either get a blue screen or black screen depending on the driver.

Not sure why I cannot get my graphics card to work here. My system specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
4 GB RAM
64 bit
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS (not shown in device manager, but is shown in everest)

Windows 7 Ultimate
HP laptop

Has anyone actually solved this issue? It seems to come up a lot but no solid solution outside of the obvious ones.

Back