Windows 7 Windows 7 download manager

beekers

I have spent the last few hours trying to download the Windows 7 RC. I get the key for the product and then the next screen comes up and basically state wait for the Windows download manager,, then it comes up, but it doesn't matter what file I try to download into, even a new file, it comes back and says"file empty" I have no bloody idea of what I am doing wrong or what file I need just to compleate the download.
I hope someone know whats wrong, I am at a loss.

beekers

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums! :)

That's very strange indeed.. have you tried simply saving it to your desktop and not within a file?.. ;)

It is strange,

The only time I'veh heard of this happening is when they tryto use Firefox, but I'm sure you're using IE, correct?

I tried Firefox first and after a few minutes of no activity I switched to IE and had no problem then.
Joe

Windows download manager

Hi,
I have Explorer 8 and MSN but it still reports the file empty. As far as direct download thread I haven't seen any.
beekers

but it doesn't matter what file I try to download into

I'm not sure what you mean by this statement.

When you click the Download link, it automatically places the file in the Download Manager.

Could you be a little more specific?

download manager

The file in the download manager say,"file is empty". Once i log on and choose english and 32bit, the screen changes to the product key, with the download here or insulation button. I go to the download and the next screen says, wait for the download manager to set up, I wait and then the file is empty pops up. I have tried for 3 days to download this with out any luck at all.

If anyone has a idea or knows someone at microsoft windows 7 development team that could help, please. I have spent the last 4 days trying to download this. Or someone who is willing to burn a disk I will be glad to pay for it.

Thank you for your time,
beekers

The file in the download manager say,"file is empty". Once i log on and choose english and 32bit, the screen changes to the product key, with the download here or insulation button. I go to the download and the next screen says, wait for the download manager to set up, I wait and then the file is empty pops up. I have tried for 3 days to download this with out any luck at all.

If anyone has a idea or knows someone at microsoft windows 7 development team that could help, please. I have spent the last 4 days trying to download this. Or someone who is willing to burn a disk I will be glad to pay for it.

Thank you for your time,
beekers

I am completely puzzled ? You should have some indication to show your download is downloading . All the above help and you still have had no success . Sorry I am baffled .

This is exactly the reason for bit torrent. It's not really piracy since you can obtain it for free anyways... just report back to Microsoft and tell them you downloaded it elsewhere so they can add +1 to their download count :)

With the leaked builds, even if you use a patcher for activation, I don't believe it allows you to download updates from Windows update.

Not a good idea.

Ok if you are having trouble with the download manager when download the RC (I know I did) heres a few things you can try.

First, make sure you browse to the page using Internet Explorer. Seems Microsoft want you to use their software to download the Release Candidate.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

If that fails, try using these direct download links. They will take you staright to the iso file and bypass all the sign in screens, and start downloading straight away using the Windows download manager (or which ever one you have running as default)

Windows 7 RC x64
Welcome to Windows 7

Windows 7 RC x86
Welcome to Windows 7

You need to copy the link and then paste it into any web browser address bar and the download should start right away.

With the leaked builds, even if you use a patcher for activation, I don't believe it allows you to download updates from Windows update.

Not a good idea.

Most off the leaked builds because they are actually genuine allow you to update . Unless you get a bad download from a bad site . So yes 90% and you can update cos there is no issue .

Most off the leaked builds because they are actually genuine allow you to update . Unless you get a bad download from a bad site . So yes 90% and you can update cos there is no issue .

Yeh most of them. There are bad ones out there too. With the RC your best best is from Microsoft. Its going to be faster and comes with peace of mind. Plus its free for a year.

Having said that Im using a leak copy of the RC and have been for a while now and its activated and updating normally.
I trust my md5's

Yeh most of them. There are bad ones out there too. With the RC your best best is from Microsoft. Its going to be faster and comes with peace of mind. Plus its free for a year.

Having said that Im using a leak copy of the RC and have been for a while now and its activated and updating normally.
I trust my md5's

I downloaded the RC from MS and have reinstalled a leaked build because it seems faster = wierd daze :DView attachment 676

When I said faster before, I ment the download. Just thought Id clear that up.
I wouldnt know how the offical iso runs, never installed it on my machine.

Just wondering if you remember the site that you downloaded from, I treid it again and the same result, file empty. I would apprecieate any help you could give.
beekers

Back