Windows 7 Windows 7 download manager

No everytime I try that download site, the download manage say;s download file empty. I think I have about 40 product keys from their. I was hoping that their was another site that would let me download from, I have tried to download it to my desktop and any other file I could think of.
beekers

No everytime I try that download site, the download manage say;s download file empty. I think I have about 40 product keys from their. I was hoping that their was another site that would let me download from, I have tried to download it to my desktop and any other file I could think of.
beekers
Did you try the direct links?

Yes I tried both of microsofts sites, funny but the direct link took me to the regular site anyway. I have tried it with msn live, ei8, still nothing but the download foulder is empty. I have tried to grab the URL and it goes away as soon as the error message comes up. I thought that there was a way around this problem. Maybe there isn't at this time. I was hoping for a site that will just download the os without giong thought MS.
beekers

Just to let you all know, not that I'm a pirate, make sure you read comments and check how popular a file is before downloading, to make sure it's legit. And yes, pirated copies (well ones that I heard of) all seem to update fine for me.... I mean my friend.

I have tried for 5 days now, I have reinstalled IE8, MSN, Active X 10, but I still get the same thing from the Microsoft sites. I would be happy for a pirated site if it lets me download the OS. I have enough product keys to last a life time, just not the OS 7 RC.
beekers

Just to let you all know, not that I'm a pirate, make sure you read comments and check how popular a file is before downloading, to make sure it's legit. And yes, pirated copies (well ones that I heard of) all seem to update fine for me.... I mean my friend.

Good 2 know ;)View attachment 682

beekers

Ok, I have to ask because the more I read your posts the more confused I get.. when you say the download folder is empty.. do you mean that your double clicking on what has been downloaded and your not seeing any files in it? Or are you not able to even start downloading the RC at all? ;) Sorry, but I just want to wrap my head around this before I make any suggestions.. :)

What happens is when the download manager pops up as soon as the conection is made error message reads download file empty. It does't matter which download site from Microsoft it is always the same bloody thing. right click, left click, the same result.
beekers

What happens is when the download manager pops up as soon as the conection is made error message reads download file empty. It does't matter which download site from Microsoft it is always the same bloody thing. right click, left click, the same result.
beekers

I was having this same problem and thought I might be able to help. Click on this link, it should bring you up to a regular download.

**EDIT** I see what is happening, as it did with your link as well loathe, the forum is automatically parsing the link, so when one clicks on it, it brings that person up to the wowow.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7 site. (had to put the o's in between the w's or else it would think it was a hyperspace link again. )
So using that same principle, copy and paste one of these, depending if you have an x64 or x86 machine into the address bar at the top of your internet explorer beekers. Or you could even type it out. But leave out the "o" in the hottp, in Other words take out the "o" where the arrow is. And of course the arrow, making the http:// intact. I hope this helps.

Windows 7 RC x64
h-->ottp://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/release/windows7/e/b/5/eb58e76e-17fa-409b-855f-11fbe84d1c93/7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd.iso

Windows 7 RC x86
h-->ottp://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/release/windows7/4/0/c/40c1e714-7910-4b38-9b5e-67fa522e6a44/7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso

I was having this same problem and thought I might be able to help. Click on this link, it should bring you up to a regular download.

**EDIT** I see what is happening, as it did with your link as well loathe, the forum is automatically parsing the link, so when one clicks on it, it brings that person up to the wowow.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7 site. (had to put the o's in between the w's or else it would think it was a hyperspace link again. )
So using that same principle, copy and paste one of these, depending if you have an x64 or x86 machine into the address bar at the top of your internet explorer beekers. Or you could even type it out. But leave out the "o" in the hottp, in Other words take out the "o" where the arrow is. And of course the arrow, making the http:// intact. I hope this helps.

Windows 7 RC x64
h-->ottp://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/release/windows7/e/b/5/eb58e76e-17fa-409b-855f-11fbe84d1c93/7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd.iso

Windows 7 RC x86
h-->ottp://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/release/windows7/4/0/c/40c1e714-7910-4b38-9b5e-67fa522e6a44/7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso

Good post hope this can help the guy in trouble . Let me give you some rep for a most excellent post :D

From Firefox you should at least be able to download the direct file (not through the download manager). It's odd that the option isn't appearing; try clearing your cookies from IE and Firefox, then try downloading from both (download manager from IE, direct from Firefox) and hopefully one should work.

Master Chief,

When I tried downloading using Firefox, I got the same Download Manager screen.

Hmm...that definitely seems odd. Did you try clearing cookies? Or maybe use another browser, like Chrome? If I recall correctly, after the page with your key where you press Download, I think there was a link to download the file directly. Try that.

Good post hope this can help the guy in trouble . Let me give you some rep for a most excellent post :D

Thanks whoosh! :) Just helping out.

As far as d/l ing from Firefox and Chrome, those links that I posted work just fine, and do not bring up the download manager, instead it downloads just like a regular download. If you copy and paste the link into the address bar of whichever browser you prefer, and omitting the "-->o" between the h and ttp://, it works fine. Notice that in the first picture - win7dl1.
I have attached some screenshots to explain better. :) The first 3 are Firefox, and the last two are IE8. Btw, I have my T-Mo Dash tethered to my laptop right now because I am away from home. No way I would try d/l ing this at 14.3 KB/sec, it would have taken me forever, lol. I have already downloaded and installed on my home computer and it works great!

Back
Top Bottom