Windows 7 Windows 7 drivers enough?

htpw16

Thankfully Windows 7 worked great out of the box. It detected all the hardware and everything is working. Now my question is regarding the audio driver. I have a sound blaster audigy 2 ZS and was wandering does the windows 7 default driver really push the card to its full potential or am I better off, in terms of audio quality, installing the driver available on creative's site? It may be just psychological but I just feel my audio could be a little clearer, could be just me....

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thankfully Windows 7 worked great out of the box. It detected all the hardware and everything is working. Now my question is regarding the audio driver. I have a sound blaster audigy 2 ZS and was wandering does the windows 7 default driver really push the card to its full potential or am I better off, in terms of audio quality, installing the driver available on creative's site? It may be just psychological but I just feel my audio could be a little clearer, could be just me....

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

yeah... don't wander too far , you might get lost... <grin>

You should get the driver designed for your sound card and for win 7. Many people have reported their sound is not nearly loud enough. There are some options that may help when you click your speaker icon on your taskbar.

Remember that the drivers Windows 7 uses as default came from the original manufacturer, Creative in your case.
They may not be as up to date though as what you may find on the Creative site.

Back