Windows 7 Windows 7 Error boot bcd

edelgado

Ok I have a toshiba satellite L305D-S5974. I was having trouble with my computer starting up it would say windows starting but the the screen would be black with the mouse thing on it but it wouldnt do nothing after that so I did a recovery disk and did a repair. When it restarted windows boot manager came up saying "windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software changed might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer. 2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next." 3. Click " repair your computer." If you do not havethis disc, contact youreee system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. File: \boot\BCD Status: 0xc0000098 Info: the window boot configuration data file does not contain a vakid OS entry." Now I cant do anything this screen always there. I want to do a factory reset. Is it still posisble to reset without any discs. Or whats the next step? I dont want to mess it up more.. Help please!!

When you use the terms recovery or recovery disk, you must be very specific about what type of recovery you are referring to. Is this a Windows 7 recovery, or an OEM recovery disk and process?

Do you have any flash drives plugged in?

Last edited:
Back