Windows 7 Freezes

Miss K

Hi

I have just bought a Dell 1645 Studio laptop - actually two. I returned the first one because it constantly froze. The second one is doing the same thing. It does it about twice per day and I cannot pinpoint the reason for it freezing. I can be working on a document, moving between folders, opening up new tabs on the internet and sometimes when I leave it standing for a while it freezes as well. Nothing works ie mouse, keyboard etc. I also have a large monitor connected and an external keyboard. I have looked at the other threads for freezing and I can see I am not alone but the Event Viewer information I have seen is different to mine.

It would be great if someone knew what was causing this problem. I am getting very frustrated as I am sometimes in the middle of documents and lose some data.

HELP

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi,
a number of things can cause a computer to freeze although one of the more common ones is overheating. If you download this small application here: HWiNFO32 version 3.32 download from Guru3D.com

You can then use it to see what temps your running... Please post your findings here.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.