Windows 7 Windows 7 Home Premium Clean Install Help

callegro

Hey guys,

New to the forums here. I stupidly brought my computer to geek squad for them to install Win. 7 on my laptop I got about a month ago. Before it had Vista Premium on it. I wanted them to do a clean install and erase all files and programs but of course it didn't happen. So now I'm trying to do a clean install but I'm having problems with installing it. Can someone give me step by step instructions?

If it helps, my laptop is a HP Pavillion Quad Core

Thanks guys,

Chris

What are doing , exactly - do you have the installation dvd and your product key ?

Like tb says, boot the dvd - select custom install. When you see a screen with your drive on it asking where to install - click Drive Options ( advanced). Next screen , highlight the partition(s) you want "clean" and click Format.

Or you could delete them - to get a whole drive showing as Unallocated space. Then click Create and it asks how big a partition you want .

When done, highlight the partition you want to install on and click Next.

When it asks if you want to get updates during install, say no - it takes too long - get them later.

Pretty easy, just follow the instructions.

NOTE: Because it is a laptop - specific drivers might be needed . Best go to the HP site first and d/l windows 7 drivers of the correct bit version specific to your machine - copy them to cd.

After you have installed 7 - check in device manager - any yellow exclamation marks ( unlikely) - pop the cd in and install the driver for that device.

Last edited:
You have more patience than I do to type all that out. I just gave him the reader's digest condenced version..haha

Hi tb,

I know what you mean .

Sometimes we all forget what it was like when we didn't even know what a cmd prompt was.

LOL

Hi tb,

I know what you mean .

Sometimes we all forget what it was like when we didn't even know what a cmd prompt was.

LOL

I was reminded of those days this past weekend when I spent over 20 minutes trying to teach my mother how to position the cursor with a mouse and click to open an email. Next week ware going to work on the process of finding the power button and turning on the computer. She can work a TV remote control like playing a piano... and a few years back when they were raising hogs she knew more about swine veterinary medicine than any vet in the state... so she isn't stupid.... it's just new to her.

Back
Top Bottom