Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation Issue

Ruggiero

Hi, I recently bought a new PC from CyberpowerPC and chose not to have them install an operating system because i want to put Windows 7 on it like i have on my laptop.

I got the computer and hooked it all up, booted it, put the 7 cd in the DVD/CD drive and went to install.

Once i reached the screen on the install where it asks where i would like to install windows 7, nothing came up.

I went to load drivers, and browse, but it only shows up as removable disk c, d, etc.

On startup, my BIOS recognized the hard drives (which are 1GB total (500 x 2) in a RAID-0) config.

What should i do?!

I didn't recieve any HDD drivers with my computer, only ATI drivers and Gigabyte drivers for my mobo.

Windows 7 install

Hi,

You said you received a driver CD for your motherboard. On that CD there should be drivers for your RAID setup. Problem is the raid drivers [usually referred to as F6 drivers from the XP install days] need to be on a floppy disk. If you can get on a computer with a working CD-ROM and floppy, locate the RAID drivers on the CD and copy them over. A USB flash drive may also work. Then, on Windows 7, when you click LOAD DRIVERS, browse to those new drivers you copied over; Windows 7 should now "see" your 1TB raid disk.

Hope that helps,
Joe
www.ruggieroav.com

Back