Windows 7 Windows 7 is disabling my Bluetooth Printer

reed5615

I have used Windows 7 64 bit for several months. Initially my Canon Pixma MP810 bluetooth printer functioned perfectly with this OS. About a month ago my Canon suddenly stopped responding, showing 'Offline' status. When troubleshooting , I found the following message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). I have ininstalled and reinstalled the printer several times, but it will only work for a few days, and then the same problem appears. Can someone help with this? Thank you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123 said:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Recommended resolution :

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

Check your printer status in device manager. Are there any alerts next to it, does the device function properly ?

It can be a hardware issue or a software or another device is causing it to malfunction. Check your bluetooth device status too, try reinstalling it with the latest driver.

Back