Windows 7 Windows 7 Issues So Far

MonEl327

Just a few issues I've hit so far...

utorrent downloads slow browsing to a crawl - Not sure if this is a utorrent thing or Win 7, but I don't remember having this prob with Vista.

No printer drivers for Kodak Easyshare 5300 - Is there a such thing as generic printer drivers?

Slow Photo Gallery - When a pic is double clicked, it takes about 10 seconds before the pic is displayed.

Itunes doesn't start up automatically when my ipod gets plugged in.

I can go into sleep mode, but the machine wakes itself up after about 5 seconds of sleep.

Just wanted to share those, if anyone has similar probs/fixes, feel free to reply!

Thanks!

You may still be able to install drivers.

My Belkin 2 port PCI card for USB2 has no drivers on the BELKIN site for Win7 or Vista. It only has XP drivers.

So I installed those. The install hung. I went into device manager and right clicked on unknown device (turns out it was the wrong one as it happens) and did "update driver software" it all kicked into life and the systray message said your device is installed and ready to use. And it is working fine.

Rod

You may still be able to install drivers.

My Belkin 2 port PCI card for USB2 has no drivers on the BELKIN site for Win7 or Vista. It only has XP drivers.

So I installed those. The install hung. I went into device manager and right clicked on unknown device (turns out it was the wrong one as it happens) and did "update driver software" it all kicked into life and the systray message said your device is installed and ready to use. And it is working fine.

Rod

The Vista drivers for the Kodak actually install, and everything looks ok, but when I go to print from anything (notepad/word/IE) it crashes the prog. Tried compatibility mode, no go. Funny thing is, on the Win 7 compatibility site, it says my printer is compatible.

This is what RC's are all about though. :)

I have been using Windows 7 ultimate. Initially i was using the beta version and currently not user if it is the same or the RC version. Off late I have been facing issues with Windows 7

1) an internet explorer (especially gmail.com) it stops working for a while and then atomatically responds after a while.
2) Whenever I try to save a file downloaded from internent the save console stops responding and ultimately I have to hit the Alt+CTRL+DEL in order to close the program through task manager.
3) I can not save any Document or file (.xls, .jpeg, .ppt ) in one go as the above mentioned situation occurs and I am required to use the task manager to close the program.
3) The similar situation occurs while opening any file in an appropriate way (i.e. If I want to open the .avi file in Media player, I will go to CTRL+O option in the player but the moment the window to choose the desired file appears it stops responding and I have to visit the Task manager.)

Microsoft Team - request you to look at the issues if you're reading this post. Other geeks & forum members interested in working around a solutions please guide me through.

Cheers!
Vjay

A fresh 'clean' install would probably be your best bet at this point.

Most all of us agree that an upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-install your 3rd party applications.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom