Windows 7 Windows 7 Laptop not recognizing me as Adminstrator

bhosto

Hello,

I've been having this problem with my laptop only recently and I don't know what is causing it. The system does not recognize me as the administrator even though my account is the only one on the computer. Whenever I try to install or delete anything, a message pops up saying access is denied, and when I look at my permissions, everthing is cchecked. I have looked on threads where the advice is to open Command prompt and use "net user adminstrator /active:yes" under adminstrator mode, and it works for those people. However when I try to open command prompt under adminstrator mode, nothing ever pops up. I've tried the alternative methods, but nothing works. I'd really like to use my computer again and have full rights, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-Thanks!!

Last edited:
Let's do this one step at a time.........

Start button > click the pointer next to Shut Down > select Switch Users.
What do you see in the sign in screen? One account or 2 accounts ?

1. Go to Safe Mode > select Safe Mode with Internet.
Do you have Malwarebytes installed in your computer?
If yes, please run a full scan.
If you don't have it, here is the download link. Select the FREE version.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
Run full scan with Malwarebytes. See if it catches anything. I think your computer is infested.
If it catches some viruses, remove what it has caught, return to normal mode and see if you have regained your admion rights.

2. If the above does not help......
You said only recently you have this problem. How long ago is " recently" ?
Do you remember a date when you did NOT have this problem?
If yes, please do a system restore. Pick a that date or even earlier as your restore point.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

I can't even acess the OS under My Computer without being denied.

I posted something before I saw your last reply.
You are using XP jargon...... i.e. My Computer.
Are you using Win 7 or Win XP?

Why did you "access the OS under My Computer"? I did not ask you to do that.

I posted something before I saw your last reply.
You are using XP jargon...... i.e. My Computer.
Are you using Win 7 or Win XP?

Why did you "access the OS under My Computer"? I did not ask you to do that.
Windows 7, and I meant the computer tab, sorry for the confusion. I'll do what you suggested in our last reply.

Back
Top Bottom