Windows 7 Windows 7 NAS Device problem

rrcole

Ok I am just about going out of my mind with this one. I have a DNS 323 NAS device connected directly to my laptop with static IP's and a crossover cable (removed it from my network for troubleshooting simplicity). I am running Windows 7 Pro. I can access the web interface of this device, ping it and Windows 7 sees it in the network sharing screen (taked me to the web interface when I click on it). I have tried to map a drive to it using map drive using the server name and Ip and I get the same result. It just says it can't connect. I have removed all fireewall and virus programs. I have reset the NAS to factory defaults and latest firmware. I have tried safe mode with networking and nothing. I can however launch XP mode and that works fine for mapping the drive.
When I plug this NAS in using the above method to another box running XP pro and yet another runnning Windows 7 Pro they can map the drives no problem. So I think I have narrowed it down to something with my Windows 7. It was working when I first installed 7, but I havn't accessed this NAS in a while, so not sure when it stopped.
Can someone help, this is driving me crazy!

Are there any drivers to update for this NAS device. Also start running any and all of you adware, spyware and malware software you have for any know bugs or issues that they may have caused. It's a good starting point.

Are there any drivers to update for this NAS device. Also start running any and all of you adware, spyware and malware software you have for any know bugs or issues that they may have caused. It's a good starting point.

No drivers that I know of. The other Win7 machine found it no problem by itself. I can't even find it in device manager. I have removed all the virus, spyware and firewalls from this computer.

Ok I have figurd out that it may not just be the NAS that is the problem. I hooked my machine directly to an XP machine via a cross over cable and static IP's. I have added them to the same workgroup and have set all networks to public on the Win 7 machine. I have removed or diabled any firewall I have on both machines. I created a shared folde on both machines. Both can ping each other no problem. I can even see the Windows 7 Shared folder on the Xp machine, cant access it though. On the Windows 7 machine i cant see anything to do with the XP machine. I have tried the changing the security polcicy "LAN Manager Authentication Level Change the setting from Send NTMLv2 response only to Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session if negotiated" I have changed the sharing option in 7 , network discovery, file sharing on, public folder sharing is on, file sharing is set to 128 Bit, password prtected file sharing if off.
I am kinda out of ideas as to what is happening. Why is the one Windows 7 Pro working perfectly with none of these problems and the other is doing this. they are both installed within a week on one another and have all the same updates. What gives?

Back