Windows 7 pro 64 bit. Remote access connection manager. Error 2: The system cannot find the file spe

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by RFDZ, Apr 9, 2012.

1. RFDZ

RFDZ New Member

I have a Sony Vaio Z VPCZ128 GG laptop with windows 7 professional preinstalled. I use a 3G usb modem to connect. Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now when I try to open any dialup connection I get the error:
    Cannot load the remote access connection manager service.
    Error 711: the operation could not finish because it could not start the remote access connection manager service in time. Please try the operation again.
    See attached image.
    [​IMG]
    My services are as follows:
    1. Remote access connection manager. Not started
    2. Secure socket tunneling protocol service. Started
    3. Telephony. Started
    When I try to start the Remote access connection manager, I get the error:
    Windows could not start the Remote access connection manager service on local computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. See attached image.
    [​IMG]
    IIs there any way to solve the problem without having to reinstall or upgrade windows?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

I don't have any 3G devices, so I can claim ignorance, but I would have thought a 3G connection was an always on type thing. Do you actually have to dial a connection?

Did you install any software for the 3G and can you repair or reinstall it?

Rasman.dll should be in the C:\Windows\System32 folder, you might check if it is there.

You might do a System File check to see if any core files are missing or damaged. Open an Administrative Command Prompt (Winkey and type cmd then CTRL+Shift+enter) and type:

SFC /scannow

see if it shows any unrepairable files.