Windows 7 Windows 7 pro 64 bit. Remote access connection manager. Error 2: The system cannot find the file spe

RFDZ

I have a Sony Vaio Z VPCZ128 GG laptop with windows 7 professional preinstalled. I use a 3G usb modem to connect. Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now when I try to open any dialup connection I get the error:
Cannot load the remote access connection manager service.
Error 711: the operation could not finish because it could not start the remote access connection manager service in time. Please try the operation again.
See attached image.

My services are as follows:
1. Remote access connection manager. Not started
2. Secure socket tunneling protocol service. Started
3. Telephony. Started
When I try to start the Remote access connection manager, I get the error:
Windows could not start the Remote access connection manager service on local computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. See attached image.

IIs there any way to solve the problem without having to reinstall or upgrade windows?

I don't have any 3G devices, so I can claim ignorance, but I would have thought a 3G connection was an always on type thing. Do you actually have to dial a connection?

Did you install any software for the 3G and can you repair or reinstall it?

Rasman.dll should be in the C:\Windows\System32 folder, you might check if it is there.

You might do a System File check to see if any core files are missing or damaged. Open an Administrative Command Prompt (Winkey and type cmd then CTRL+Shift+enter) and type:

SFC /scannow

see if it shows any unrepairable files.

Back
Top Bottom