Windows 7 Windows 7 Pro 64bit wont strop crashing and blue screen of death

ThePinkLadyJ

I have Windows 7 Home Professional and I keep getting these messages "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" and then it crashes my windows and then I keep getting the blue screen of death where it prompts me to start in safe mode or the other safe modes. Please tell me there is a way to fix this cause its just killing me!

I have Windows 7 Home Professional and I keep getting these messages "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" and then it crashes my windows and then I keep getting the blue screen of death where it prompts me to start in safe mode or the other safe modes. Please tell me there is a way to fix this cause its just killing me!

zip up and attach your minidump files and so we can take a look ;)

How do I do this? You'll have to tell me exactly where to go and how

how to set up minidumps Link Removed - Invalid URL , please note the Small memory dump (64 kB) is actually 256kb ;)

If that all checks out and\or was already set you need to retreive them from the %systemroot%\Minidump folder copy them out to your desktop then zip them and upload here.

If there are no files there at the moment because your system wasn't set to record minidumps then you will have to wait for the next BlueScreen before you can upload them :(

Last edited:
how to set up minidumps shown here , please note the Small memory dump (64 kB) is actually 256kb ;)

If that all checks out and\or was already set you need to retreive them from the %systemroot%\Minidump folder copy them out to your desktop then zip them and upload here.

If there are no files there at the moment because your system wasn't set to record minidumps then you will have to wait for the next BlueScreen before you can upload them :(

Well I set those minidumps accordingly so I guess I'll have to wait until I get another blue screen of death to proceed further.

Oh I guess there is a folder already, is this the right one?

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    114.2 KB · Views: 322
After checking the dumps what are your drivers like? Especially for the graphics and network card/chips... Please update to the latest versions.
I'd also check your 'add-ons' to IE as some can cause the problems you've been seeing.

Last edited:
After checking the dumps what are your drivers like? Especially for the graphics and network card/chips... Please update to the latest versions.
I'd also check your 'add-ons' to IE as some can cause the problems you've been seeing.

I have an onboard graphics card that came with the motherboard I installed the drivers from disk. How do I find out if I need even more updated drivers or where to get them? How do I check my internet explorer add on's? where do I go and which ones are causing the problems?

No problem.. Let's deal with the drivers first. Could you please post the exact name and make of your motherboard?
Thanks..

theres 5 dump files here with a variety of errors
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {24, 2, 0, fffff88001527d24}

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!IsFilterBypassAvailable+4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffff8804f959f5a, 2, 1, fffff80002a910b9}

Probably caused by : CLASSPNP.SYS ( CLASSPNP!TransferPktComplete+1ce )

---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffffa804bfc351a, 2, 1, fffff80002ad70b9}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeSetEvent+229 )

---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffffffffffffff8, 0, 0, fffff80002ab75d9}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeletePteRun+1e9 )

---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C4, {91, 0, fffffa80015d7b60, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4944 )

---------

I can't find anything that points at a specific driver but your crashes are being forced by driver verifier which you need to turn off for now

you do this by clicking Start, then Run, and type verifier /reset in the Open box.

are you running norton ?

we really need some system specifications to debug this ;)

you also need to update this driver
irsir.sys fffff880`04656000 fffff880`04662000 0x0000c000 0x47919a5b 19/01/2008 06:36:11
this is a windows file - Serial Infrared Driver, are your motherboard drivers fully up to date ?

Last edited:
Hmm...that's weird. I'm not seeing the same debug info as you ickymay. The first one yes, the second I see dxgkrnl.sys and then the final three are ntoskrnl.exe as probable causes... Am I doing something wrong here?

Hmm...that's weird. I'm not seeing the same debug info as you ickymay. The first one yes, the second I see dxgkrnl.sys and then the final three are ntoskrnl.exe as probable causes... Am I doing something wrong here?

not sure but I have seen this before and not solved the discrepancy :frown:

I am simply using windows debugger with the !analyze -v command as anything else like lmvn or lmtn are no use unless a driver is shown as a cause, Ntoskrnl is just the NT kernel falling over after a bad instruction as is ntkrnlmp.exe so still no more use than what mine have shown :frown:

No problem.. Let's deal with the drivers first. Could you please post the exact name and make of your motherboard?
Thanks..

Thank you this is what newegg says my motherboard is
ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

To reghakr, I uninstalled Avast upon your suggestion using the program you also suggested. I will try one of the other virus softwares you've suggested instead. Thank you.

Much thanks..
Your motherboard can be found here:

ASRock > Products > Motherboard > M3A785GMH/128M > Download

Notice the bios updates.. The drivers are also to be found here but not the latest versions so I'll post the links for those too..

Graphics: Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Audio: Realtek

Network: Realtek

I got the drivers from

Graphics: Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Audio: Realtek

Network: Realtek
Except the network drivers only gave me a zip file I have no clue what to do with it or how to install those files

as for the link to
ASRock > Products > Motherboard > M3A785GMH/128M > Download
I see the bios section but there's a lot there which one exactly am I supposed to download? All of them?

Ok.. no worries.
I've arrowed the download thats perhaps best in the network section as this one has a self loading driver so see the screenshot attached. You'll just need to unzip the file from within.

As for the bios: I've also arrowed the one that seems to have the most simple process as well as the place to click for instructions. The next screenshot shows what the instructions look like..
Any problems post back.

I updated the network driver no problems there and I used method 2 to update the bios instead of method 1 it said it intalled successfuly but when I booted up it gave me a bad checksum mesage of some sort, so now i'm not sure if it was successful or not I'll try rebooting it again and see if I get the message again.

I really appreciate all the help, sorry this is such a pain in the butt.

Crap, well I restarted and got the same error screen. The header said
M3A785GMH /128M BIOS P1.40
Press F6 for Instant Flash
Press F11 for Boot Menue

and then at the bottom it said
CMOS Checksum Bad
F2 or DEL to run Setup
F1 to load default values

Windows 7 sure makes me depressed :(

Don't worry... It's not as bad as it sounds... Check this link: CMOS Checksum Bad Error

If you still get problems after loading default values to the bios then reflash the bios again, making sure you download the file again as the original may have some corruption.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom