Windows 7 Windows 7 Problems

Techkid

Hi everyone

I dont know if anyone can help me but im running windows 7 build 7100 on my partitioned HHD and it had been running fine. then one day my computer would not start in windows 7 ( It will start in safe mode but no other) It always seems to lock up when starting when the windows logo comes up. The strange thing is that it will start fine in safe mode no problems. The problem started after windows 7 downloaded updates and asked for a restart to finish the updates and I havent had windows 7 running since properly

Hope someone has a clue whats happening
P.s If you would like to know my spec just ask

Cheers Techkid

Those updates contained new drivers (most likely) so try running system restore. If you've disabled it. I think you need to find out which driver was it and rollback to the last working version

Thanks ComputerJy
Thats what I was thinking if im honest, No system retsore cannot find any restore pionts even though i made one before the updates were installed which i found to be a bit striange and fustrating to say the least. Most of the updates were microsoft hotfix's im not sure whether there was anymore. Do you know if there are any known problems between SIS chipsets and this OS. because this is twice its done this because i did a OS reload. But i will try and find out recently installed drivers and get back to you asap

I've seen the same problem with Windows Vista. The best solution they came up with here was to install XP, update it then upgrade to Vita, perhaps this might work for 7

Yeah it might do because it looks like windows 7 was built on a vista backbone. For the problem i think there might be a compatability problem between Win 7, Vista And SIS chipsets, also i can't see any SIS driver for windows 7 either. Im looking to upgrade my mobo in all honesty thanks for your help though. Imight use the partition for storing movies and music

Back
Top Bottom