Windows 7 Windows 7 question about volume adjustment

skroutz123

Hello.I am using windows 7 and when i click the speaker icon in my toolbar,the slide seems to be surrounded by some dots,as if i have highlighted the slide and wont go away even if i click away or close the adjustment.I know that the default highlight for the slide is just for it to be blue in color so that you can press the arrow keys to increase or decrease accordingly.It seems that it bugs and sometimes the slide is just blue in color and other times when i open it,it is surrounded by this annoying dot-box.Does anyone know why this happens and how can i fix it?Thank you so much!

Does refreshing the desktop get rid of the dots?

First, try to restore the computer to a time before this started happening.

Other things to try:
1. Click start, then right click " computer " click properties then click " Advanced system settings, then where it says "performance" click "settings" then where the long list of ticked items are, scroll down to the 2nd to last item and untick "use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop" then click apply and reboot.

2. Change your background image to something different, use ccleaner to scan and repair issues. CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. Rebuild your icon cache. Icon Cache - Rebuild - Windows 7 Forums

Back