Looking to reformat my hard drive, have a windows 7 question

So i bought my copy of windows 7 with the students special for $30 at the beginning of the year. The thing is about that special is that there was no physical copy given to me; it was all downloads and ISO files. I am now needing to format my hard drive due to bugs and overall slowness and was wondering if i can boot widows 7 with an ISO file burned to a DVD? And will my key work a second time?

Also, if anyone can help me with actually formatting my hard drive and all that, i would greatly appreciate it.

..I am now needing to format my hard drive due to bugs and overall slowness and was wondering if i can boot widows 7 with an ISO file burned to a DVD? And will my key work a second time?

Also, if anyone can help me with actually formatting my hard drive and all that, i would greatly appreciate it.
yes, burn the iso to DVD - it should be a bootable iso so you can boot 7 from DVD!

generally the key does work multiple times but I am not familiar with student keys.

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
As far as I understand it student licences are full blown version with the stipulation in the T&Cs that its only legal while being a student, after leaving college etc it becomes invalid although MS probably won't bother to check that fact, either way a great and cheap way to get this brilliant OS.

Last edited:

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
As for how to reformat your drive, backup all your programs and data first, then boot from the Windows 7 disk, and there will be a place where you can choose your partition. At this screen, you may also format, extend, delete and divide your partitions.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.