Windows 7 Looking to reformat my hard drive, have a windows 7 question

borderlined

So i bought my copy of windows 7 with the students special for $30 at the beginning of the year. The thing is about that special is that there was no physical copy given to me; it was all downloads and ISO files. I am now needing to format my hard drive due to bugs and overall slowness and was wondering if i can boot widows 7 with an ISO file burned to a DVD? And will my key work a second time?

Also, if anyone can help me with actually formatting my hard drive and all that, i would greatly appreciate it.

..I am now needing to format my hard drive due to bugs and overall slowness and was wondering if i can boot widows 7 with an ISO file burned to a DVD? And will my key work a second time?

Also, if anyone can help me with actually formatting my hard drive and all that, i would greatly appreciate it.

yes, burn the iso to DVD - it should be a bootable iso so you can boot 7 from DVD!

generally the key does work multiple times but I am not familiar with student keys.

As far as I understand it student licences are full blown version with the stipulation in the T&Cs that its only legal while being a student, after leaving college etc it becomes invalid although MS probably won't bother to check that fact, either way a great and cheap way to get this brilliant OS.

Last edited:
As for how to reformat your drive, backup all your programs and data first, then boot from the Windows 7 disk, and there will be a place where you can choose your partition. At this screen, you may also format, extend, delete and divide your partitions.

Back
Top Bottom