Windows 7 Windows 7, Quickbooks and Security

Alennka

Our company recently upgraded two PCs on our network to run Windows 7. A third machine still runs XP. We use Quickbooks for our accounting (etc) and all access the same Qbooks file accross the network.

When we start up the PCs and first log in to the Qbooks file, the XP PC automatically opens the last file that was open. The Windows 7 PCs can't find the previously opened files and we have to browse through the network to find and open the file. If we close Qbooks without shutting down the PC and re-open Qbooks, the file will automatically open just like the XP PC. If we restart the PC, we have to browse to the right file.

I can only assume this is due to some sort of security setting peculiar to Win7, but none of the settings I have tweaked has solved the problem and made the Win7 PCs able to find and open the most recent Qbooks file on it's own.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might solve this problem?

Our company recently upgraded two PCs on our network to run Windows 7. A third machine still runs XP. We use Quickbooks for our accounting (etc) and all access the same Qbooks file accross the network.

When we start up the PCs and first log in to the Qbooks file, the XP PC automatically opens the last file that was open. The Windows 7 PCs can't find the previously opened files and we have to browse through the network to find and open the file. If we close Qbooks without shutting down the PC and re-open Qbooks, the file will automatically open just like the XP PC. If we restart the PC, we have to browse to the right file.

I can only assume this is due to some sort of security setting peculiar to Win7, but none of the settings I have tweaked has solved the problem and made the Win7 PCs able to find and open the most recent Qbooks file on it's own.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might solve this problem?
No if you can ultimately browse to it and use it it's probably not a security issue within Windows 7, the setting within Quickbooks to remember and open the last QBW file that was used / viewed is probably not 100% Windows 7 Ready / Compatible. Have you contacted Intuit and asked them, they perhaps might have a solution or a work around that may help. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

No if you can ultimately browse to it and use it it's probably not a security issue within Windows 7, the setting within Quickbooks to remember and open the last QBW file that was used / viewed is probably not 100% Windows 7 Ready / Compatible. Have you contacted Intuit and asked them, they perhaps might have a solution or a work around that may help. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I have spoken with Intuit, they didn't have a clue. I guess I'll just have to wait for the new version of Qbooks which will hopefully be more compatable with Win7.

Again, sorry, but Win7 is so new that a lot of the API(s) in older versions may have calling conventions that just aren't compatible with what Windows 7 wants to use or even understands.

If the QB version your using is compatible with Vista, it should be with 7. Do you possess the 3 license Quickbooks? Intuit wants a separate license per PC, but if thats not the problem, then Troubles right, you should be able to navigate to the QBW.

I too have problem like you..But its partially related to yours.Then i went into the DMS printer preferences on my computers and noted the path that was listed there for saving the PDF file. On my new Windows 7 installation, the path was completely different. I hunted around for the DMS Temp folder and pointed it there..It worked good.
quickbooks enterprise 10.0

Back
Top Bottom