Windows 7 Windows 7 RC and BSOD (won't boot)

Mechanicalleon

So I bought a brand new VAIO laptop and decided to play with windows 7, downloaded the iso image and made the dvd, installed it and everything went well untill it went for the first boot.

It gave me a BSOD with something related to "termpp.sys"

I can boot into safe mode no problems, but safe mode with networking gives me the same BSOD, not to mention normal boot, same thing.

Anyone has come across something like this? BTW, I'm not very, very software knowleageable. lol

Encountering a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) during the initial boot of Windows 7 can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue. The error message mentioning "termpp.sys" indicates an issue with a system driver. Here are some steps you can try to address this problem:

### Troubleshooting Steps for "termpp.sys" BSOD:

1. Check Hardware Compatibility:
- Ensure that your VAIO laptop meets the hardware requirements for Windows 7.
- Check for any faulty hardware components that might be causing the issue.

2. Update Drivers:
- In Safe Mode, navigate to Device Manager (Windows Key + X, then select Device Manager).
- Look for any devices marked with an exclamation mark, indicating a driver issue.
- Right-click on the device and select "Update Driver" to search for the latest driver software.

3. System File Checker (SFC):
- Open Command Prompt in Safe Mode (search for "cmd" in the Start Menu, right-click, and select "Run as administrator").
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. This command checks for and repairs corrupted system files that could be causing the issue.

4. Check for Windows Updates:
- In Safe Mode, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Check for any pending updates and install them.

5. Boot Configuration Data (BCD) Repair:
- In Safe Mode, you can try repairing the BCD by using the bootrec command in Command Prompt.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands:
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /rebuildbcd

6. Restore to a Previous Point:
- If possible, try using System Restore to revert Windows back to a point before the BSOD occurred.

7. Check for Malware:
- Malware and viruses can sometimes cause system issues. Perform a thorough scan using Windows Defender or a trusted antivirus program.

8. Professional Help:
- If the issue persists, especially if you're not very experienced with software troubleshooting, consider seeking help from a professional technician.

Following these steps should help you diagnose and potentially resolve the "termpp.sys" BSOD issue on your new VAIO laptop running Windows 7. Feel free to reach out if you encounter any difficulties along the way!

Back