Windows 7 Windows 7 RC - May 5th

From previous post:

Since I was using the 32-bit edition, it saves the c:\Program Files\Program Files (x86) and the same old useless windows.old folder.

Now, it will not let me delete either directory. It states needs permision from Trusted Installer, or permission from SYSTEM.

Tried taken ownership didn't work, not did changing my permissions to full control.

Then I find all my previous apps do not run on 64-bit.

I can't handle that

I foundf one website for 64-bit applications for Windows 7, and it was a piss poor selection.

Anybody know of a good site for 64-bit apps?

From previous post:

Since I was using the 32-bit edition, it saves the c:\Program Files\Program Files (x86) and the same old useless windows.old folder.

Now, it will not let me delete either directory. It states needs permision from Trusted Installer, or permission from SYSTEM.

Tried taken ownership didn't work, not did changing my permissions to full control.

Then I find all my previous apps do not run on 64-bit.

I can't handle that

I foundf one website for 64-bit applications for Windows 7, and it was a piss poor selection.

Anybody know of a good site for 64-bit apps?

I remember once I had the same problem trying to delete the Windows.old folder, then I found it in that old Disk cleanup function when you go into the properties of the hdd. Was somewhere in there.

As for x64 apps, they are usually right there next to the x86 downloads

Hello all, I am unsure if this questions belongs here but I need to ask anyway. I am unable to even get the download started for the RC (either version). I am running IE8 which the download site says is an OK browser to download from. Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening?

"Hello all, I am unsure if this questions belongs here but I need to ask anyway. I am unable to even get the download started for the RC (either version). I am running IE8 which the download site says is an OK browser to download from. Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening? "

Microsoft's server's have been crashing randomly since the RC went live.. The best advice I can give you is to just keep trying.. they'll be back up soon.. They've crashed at least a dozen times since the RC went live (which was around 12AM today) but they seem to be getting them operational within a matter of minutes.. so hang in there and just keep trying.. ;)

The Windows 7 RC will be available to download AT LEAST through the end of July 09. There is NO limit to how many can download it.. so if you don't get in today don't worry, you'll have loads of time to get a copy.. I know that's easier said than done though.. :)

Yes, that is what I have been hearing. Thank you and I will keep trying. So it's still a server issue even when I get all the way to the download page and it boots me out of it? The first time I tried to download it showed an Active X downloader but did nothing after I pressed "Install". It hasn't done that since.

I had problems with that download manager also. Try the direct links on the first page, they will take you straight to the file and use the normal Winodws download manager. Just paste the links into the address bar.

"Yes, that is what I have been hearing. Thank you and I will keep trying. So it's still a server issue even when I get all the way to the download page and it boots me out of it? The first time I tried to download it showed an Active X downloader but did nothing after I pressed "Install". It hasn't done that since."

Yes it is still a server issue even though your getting that far then booted out.. ;)

Sorry for thje bitchhing and moaning,.

I finally got the 32-bit version to install

Only2.8GB free on C: partition
Tried hitting F8 and chose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and still could not delete the directories.

I an now using unlocker and it's going to take a while as you have to delete all files in the directory, then the directory itself.

I still stand by one thing....
Microsoft's hard drive space is a totaL joke

Sorry for thje bitchhing and moaning,.

I finally got the 32-bit version to install

Only2.8GB free on C: partition
Tried hitting F8 and chose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and still could not delete the directories.

I an now using unlocker and it's going to take a while as you have to delete all files in the directory, then the directory itself.

I still stand by one thing....
Microsoft's hard drive space is a totaL joke

Hey no worries :D Glad to hear you ahve sorted it all out at last = good news :)

running 32bit rc on the laptop and 64 on the desktop(i just updated, all my programs, games, files are exactly as they were with vista a few hours ago :D)

can i say love?

btw im new here HAY

running 32bit rc on the laptop and 64 on the desktop(i just updated, all my programs, games, files are exactly as they were with vista a few hours ago :D)

can i say love?

btw im new here HAY

Welcome to the Forum :D Well done and yes windows 7 is great :)

thanks! seems like a good group of people on here from what ive read

Yes they are so good it makes me glad :D
I could have run into the forum from hell ! = Eek! No this is the place , cool methodical ,helpfull , considered , working for you , nothing to hard , etc :D:D

can't donload

Sorry my bad english, but i cant download Windows 7 RC 32 bit, 64 bit, spanish or english - the Download Manager popup is empty, it dont have any file to download. Help me

Thanks

Welcome to the Forums,

that's strange,

Are you downloading the official RC from Microsoft?

Have you ever had any problems downloading anything else?

If you have Firefox, you could give that a try.

Sorry my bad english, but i cant download Windows 7 RC 32 bit, 64 bit, spanish or english - the Download Manager popup is empty, it dont have any file to download. Help me

Thanks

You could try torrent for windows 7 RC 32X if all else fails . Dont know why you cannot download the img though ?

Make sure you go to the page in Explorer rather that Firefox etc. That download manager didnt work for me at all in Firefox but worked fine in Explorer. Same goes for the Live components. Anyways, the direct links on the first page will take you straight to the english download and bypass all those sign ins and will use the Windows download manager.

Back