Windows 7 Windows 7 RC1 Freeze/halt durning install (expanding files)

micleeso

I used the boot camp tool to create a 32GB partition and formated within the windows installer. The installer starts expanding the files then freezes and halts at various percent values. I notice the superdrive spins down then powers down before this happens.
I ran the Apple diagnostic tools, holding down "D key" on boot, ran the extended tests = pass. Ran memory tests in windows 7 diagnostics = pass. Ran Ultimate boot CD 4 ran tests = pass.

Is any one else having this issue? Does anyone have a solution?

me too, but...

mine stays at 0% fior a long time and then a window pops up that says ""the wrong volume is in the drive" and it asks me to make sure "grc1culxfrer_en_dvd" is in D: drive

i'm using the 64 bit version when i get thihs error.
I downloaded this directly from microsoft, so i'm pretty sure i have the right iso.

i am trying the 32 bit version now, and i have gone past the 0%, but it's still taking a long time. i will let you know how it works out.

one thing i have found is that it takes up to 20-30 minutes to boot from the cd on my machine, and i have no idea why.

i have:
AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition
4gig G Skill RAM
ATI Radeon 4650 w/1gig PCI-E
Gigabyte MA770-UD3 motherboard

it seems like it wouldn't take so long :confused:

Hello and welcome,

This is a common problem, seems to happen more with the 64-bit edition.

This sometimes occurs if it's an older DVD ROM drive.
You also need to burn the ISO at the slowest speed possible.
You can also install from a USB drive.

Do you happen to have 2 CD/DVD Rom drives?

You could pull out the DVD Rom drive and switch the jumpers from Master to Slave or Slave to Master depending on what it's set at.

Microsoft has a knowledge Base article on this problem for Vista and they actually have a tool to download that will fix the problem, otherwise you would have to do a registry hack.

Look over the article and download it here:
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

We need more detailed information on your system

Finally, look at the threads below relating to the same issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Back